To own and deliver all Client Property Projects within the designated Area / Country. To own the Client, local stakeholder and collaborator relationships for in country delivery, aligning CBRE projects, design and workplace effectiveness with overall site operations, client needs and expectations. This role is the owner of local customer relationships. Critical to this role will be supporting a “whole life cycle” approach to the delivery of projects, integrating and infusing business goals and operational considerations to the construction project.
The jobholder is:
• Responsible to ensure compliance with necessary corporate guidelines and processes, statutory and building regulations, environmental and workplace strategies and controls.
• Responsible for delivery of Projects within Area / Country management responsibilities.
• Accountable for managing the partnership with Geographies, Hub SME / Hub SPM
• The first point of contact for all projects in Area / Country.
• Required to drive an integrated and collaborative approach to service provision with CBRE’s RDM, WE Manager and FM.
• To scope project work for Client, provide proposals and costs and seek appropriate sanction to proceed with works and to control project finances and report accordingly utilising project management technology platform.
• Accountable for distributing, training and implementing Hub or Account level practices within Area/ Country.
• Accountable for team compliance and stakeholder education on documented process and communications.
• Required to lead improvements and implement account needs in a coordinated & team approach with other Area / Country Project Managers within Region.
• Required to ensure CBRE financial management for the Area / Country is sound, being aware of cost base and billing in a timely manner.
• The Area / Country representative in CBRE PMD leadership team.
• The Area / Country oversight / escalation of market PMs.
• The Primary point of contact with SME’s and SPM for Area/ Country wide PM deliverables.
• Responsible for collecting specific requirements aligning the Business investment plans with Client programs and documenting these in the project brief.
• Responsible for managing business expectations prior to project approval to ensure alignment with key strategies.
• Responsible to understand Client product business needs and align project delivery to those needs.
• Required to support capital planning and ad-hoc planning through liaison with internal clients and capturing of requirements.
• Required to act as a centre of competence for project management within CBRE and Client including both updating and continually improving the knowledge, process and base of the team as well as leveraging the knowledge, systems and regional data to better deliver in-country projects.
• Required to manage appropriate suppliers’ database necessary to realise project and program objectives and ensure appropriate appointment on a project or programme basis.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting on a project and rolled up portfolio basis all project metrics.
• Required to understand local market conditions (including but not limited to costs and general commercial influences, landlords, suppliers & contractors, work periods and conditions, local practices etc.) managing execution to allow for such local factors.
• Responsible for ensuring FM engagement at all stages of planning and execution, obtaining necessary approvals and signoffs by stakeholders.
• Responsible for ensuring contractual compliance and consistency for project delivery and reporting;
• Required to manage all projects, design and workplace effectiveness in a safe, sustainable and secure manner.
• Manages the planning, organization, and controls for the project. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports (approx. 15). Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention.
Qualifications and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or equivalent to appropriate 4-year college program.
• Minimum of 10+ years of related progressive experience.
• Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities).
• PMP/RICS preferred.