CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an iLS Scientific Equipment Coordinator to join the team located in Shardlow, Derbyshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for manage, organise and implement high-quality specialist engineering and coordination support to a wide range of laboratory equipment including the supporting tasks in the lab space to drive quality and efficiency for the client’s scientific staff.
• Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused equipment support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards
• Manage and improve the service logging process and asset database
• Carry out regular asset sweeps (and potential for re-tagging of equipment)
• Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports
• Support contract management process in the set-up, renewal and budget of contracts
• Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
• Management of FTMAC including CAPA, root cause analysis
• Build-up and maintain client relationships
• Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement
• Support to CBRE Management Team to ensure all activities are completed
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who could be affected by their acts or omissions
• Ensure that a full and detailed task specific Risk Assessment/Method Statement is completed prior to any work commencing
• Report any accidents or near misses that they experience, or witness, to their Line Management
• Co-operate and assist in all aspects of health and safety procedures introduced by management for their well-being
• Wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to do so by the relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage
• Follow safe working procedures when handling, storing, using or transporting any COSHH controlled items
• Report any medical problems experienced when undertaking any work functions to management
• Maintain a good standard of housekeeping throughout their areas of work
• Ensure that work equipment is only used for its intended purpose and that they have been trained to use it
• Avoid interference with any equipment provided for their safety
• 2+ years’ experience within the Laboratory/Pharmaceutical sector
• Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
• PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
• Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
• High customer focus with some selling skills
• HNC/HND in relevant engineering and/or science discipline
• Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
• SharePoint experience
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.