CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an iLS Scientific Engineer to join the team located in Macclesfield, Cheshire. The successful candidate will manage, organise and implement day-to-day Laboratory Instrument Support (LIS) activities through liaison and discussion with customers’ CBRE Planners and LIS Engineers.
• Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards
• Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilizing the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution
• Plan & carry out planned maintenance on GMP assets; use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
• Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports and risk assessments
• Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals and drawings
• Support contract management in the set-up, renewal and budget of contracts
• Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
• Support to CBRE Management Team to ensure all activities are completed
• Act as an ambassador to CBRE, ensuring a first-class service is always provided
• Completion of DRA’s for every job undertaken and completion of target unsafe condition reports
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who could be affected by their acts or omissions whilst not interfering with any equipment provided for safety
• Ensure that work equipment is only used for its intended purpose and that they have been trained to use it
• Review external supplier RAMS
• Ensure that a full and detailed task specific Risk Assessment/Method Statement is completed prior to any work commencing
• Report any accidents or near misses that they experience, or witness, to their Line Management
• Co-operate and assist in all aspects of health and safety procedures introduced by management for their well-being
• Wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to do so by the relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage
• Follow safe working procedures when handling, storing, using or transporting any COSHH controlled items
• Report any medical problems experienced when undertaking any work functions to management
• Maintain a good standard of housekeeping throughout their areas of work
• Advanced Modern Apprenticeship with NVQ 3 in engineering
• HNC/HND in relevant engineering discipline
• Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
• Multiple years of experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector across a wide range of scientific systems especially UPLC and MS
• Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
• PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
• Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.