A US Fortune 500 company, CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 40,000 employees and operate in 42 countries.
The Workplace Lead is responsible for providing leadership, vision and direction with matters relating to Workplace, Design, experience and Strategy (portfolio and occupancy) for the client's account. Given the nature of Workplace, the role plays a key integrator role across all key account functions (AM/TM/Strategy/PM/FM). It also plays a crucial role in supporting the client's Property maintain their status as a key advisor to the business by continually aligning the Workplace strategy with the business strategy and objectives.
The Workplace Lead’s key responsibilities include:
SUBJECT MATTER LEADERSHIP
- Provide subject matter leadership/expertise on matters relating to Workplace, Design, Experience, Energy &Environment and Strategy (portfolio & Occupancy), including but not limited to;
- Workplace Strategy and Business Alignment
- Scenario planning/portfolio optimization
- Design management, translation and alignment
- Workplace experience
- Workplace enablement technologies
- Energy and Environment consumption and conservation
- Sustainability in the workplace
- Space management systems and utilisation data
- Business case planning and presentation
- Continually evolve the CBRE offering to client by identifying and implementing improvements and innovations to processes, systems, structure, ways of working and thinking etc.
- Review and define the appropriate inputs and levels of detail when identifying, developing and delivering workplace strategies and opportunities
- Actively engage with non-client-account parties (e.g. other CBRE accounts, CBRE platform, industry events/groups), to keep up to date on industry best practice and innovation
- Manage a team of global and regional SME resources (either directly or functionally) to enable them to provide suitable solutions, advice and guidance for their respective areas of expertise.
- The team is currently organised into 4 disciplines - workplace effectiveness, future of the workplace including design and project management, workplace experience, workplace technology, Workplace energy & environment and sustainability. It is also aligned to client’s geographic structure.
- Responsible for hiring suitable candidates, setting and monitoring annual performance plans, and driving staff development plans
- Ensure the P&L is managed and meeting or exceeding plan, which includes future planning, forecasting and budgeting with finance teams
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Manage the strategic relationship with key stakeholders within the client Property team (e.g. Group Property MT, Group Property Workplace SMEs)
- Engage with senior management within the client business drive alignment between Workplace, Property, and business objectives
- Manage the client’s expectations with regards to scope, cost and desired outcomes
- Ensure the workplace function's objectives and direction is aligned with other functions of the account, especially
- AM/TM/Strategy in integrating workplace inputs into strategies early on in development, and
- PM/FM to ensure the workplace strategy is delivered and operationalised effectively to maximise long term benefit
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 8-12 years professional experience in occupancy-related field (e.g. strategic planning, systems management, tactical solutions)
- Experience in the sector a bonus
- Background in systems administration or process governance a bonus
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in dealing with occupancy data
- English essential, with a second language preferred
- Fluency in reading drawings
- Strong data software skills
- Meaningful international experience in at least 3 countries.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate IT capabilities.
- Demonstrable team leadership skills and managing performance of teams.
- High level of personal credibility, customer relation management, networking, and interpersonal skills;
Qualifications and Education
- Tertiary education in business administration/management, corporate real estate, built environment (e.g. architecture, engineering, interiors, building science etc.), or equivalent.