Engage with stakeholders to create an inspiring and innovative work environment
Help drive enhancements across facilities, events, building technology and more
Join a passionate team of commercial property experts
The Workplace Experience Coordinator is responsible for delivering an exceptional tenant-customer experience throughout the asset’s amenity, services and digital interactions.
As a tech-savvy and operationally-practical thinker, the Workplace Experience Coordinator will play a cross-functional role, seamlessly supporting both the facilities management and customer experience functions.
Here's a snapshot of your day:
- Meet with facilities contractors, event providers, wellness instructors and retailers to ensure the services they perform are in alignment with the asset strategy
- Attend key-customer meetings, tracking minutes and actioning requests
- Audit, analyze and report on the buildings amenities, concierge requests and facilities requests to identify opportunities for improvement
- Create and dispatch operational and community content (including news, surveys and event tiles) for the building app
- Track and report on workplace experience data, captured through the building app
- Keep customer databases and logs up to date, capturing customer insights
- Event coordination before, during and after community activations and classes
- Support the Concierge team during busy periods and over breaks
We don’t want to be prescriptive on what you’ve done, but we would like to see some evidence that you can bring:
- Passion for customer-centricity and process-improvement
- Logical and practical thinker, who can problem-solve in the moment
- Demonstrable confidence in stakeholder management
- An appetite for technology with demonstrated experience using CMS highly valued
- Activation or event delivery experience highly valued – you don’t need an events background, but we’d like you to be able to demonstrate transferable skills in this space
- Knowledge of the commercial and/or retail property market will be highly valued
Can we inspire you to join us?
CBRE is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the business. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people, women, mature age workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Our employee advantage program reflects our commitment to progressing your learning and development, career, recognition, well-being, benefits, pay and community contribution.
If you are successful in progressing, you may be asked to complete a short video interview as part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you.