Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Workplace Contract Manager (WEM)
The Better Workplace Programme is a transformation of the BT estate into new modern and fit for use facilities. The purpose of our Workplace Contract Manager role is to lead one of these new facilities, delivering full FM services. They will act as the key catalyst in delivering, as an individual and through their team, an exceptional workplace experience and is focused on the entire workplace journey for our colleagues and clients alike. It’s about detail, best practice, knowing what good looks like and then raising the bar.
Developing and driving an enhanced culture of service excellence within the client location in order to enhance the brand to internal and external stakeholders. Monitor successes of the workplace experience and positively shape and adjust to meet the client’s needs then proactively anticipate all stages of the customer journey.
Providing daily leadership, management and development of the agreed CBRE contract with BT. Ensuring financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded across your building.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Provide leadership to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
• Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
• An understanding of finance and management of P&L for the operations, ensuring a cost-efficient service in all areas (without impeding the client experience).
• Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
• To work alongside the strategic partners to ensure a comprehensive client experience combined with an enhanced service delivery.
• To manage and ensure a world-class Front of House service to welcome clients, visitors, colleagues and business partners during the agreed operating hours.
• To ensure that the hosts are fulfilling their ‘floor manager/ambassador’ responsibilities; ensuring that internal meeting rooms, printing bays, kitchen & client/colleague areas, bathrooms are fully functioning, clean, tidy and well cared for – consistently across the building. Thereby enabling building users to focus on their core business.
• Ensure the other core services, such as maintenance, fabric, security, catering and cleaning are delivered to the standards expected and maintain the site condition.
• To ensure there is a pleasant and positive working environment for BT business users with hosts who are available and accessible within the building.
• To build relationships with Senior BT clients – staying close to their work-related needs and to arrange meetings as required to showcase new/innovative service improvements.
• To be proactively visible in all areas of the building (client and colleague space).
• To communicate effectively and appropriately – using verbal and written channels in both proactive and reactive instances with colleagues, clients the client experience team and all other stakeholders
• Working with other managers on the BT account and within your Business Unit to ensure collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and best practice ensuring national consistency.
• Ensure appropriate contract review, audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with customer contacts and CFU’s.
• Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
• Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
• Build a robust succession plan for the building, using management development programmes and local development activities to ensure ready and able candidates are available at all times.
• Provision of leadership guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
• Develop an exceptional partnership with our suppliers and BT Property colleagues to deliver and improve appropriate workplace environments collaboratively.
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors activities, and are regularly reviewed.
• Previous FM contract management experience, ideally in a customer experience role with events/hospitality experience.
• Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels or personal integrity.
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical delivery for client satisfaction.
• High degree and knowledge reference of Health and Safety legislation.
• Experienced contract management.
• Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively with diplomacy and sensitivity.
• Able to demonstrate an empowering and inspiring leadership style.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and portray vision, values and passion.