Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. Host is the enhanced workplace experience solution offered by CBRE to our GWS clients. We believe your workplace should allow you to feel comfortable, productive and inspired in your working life. As the heart of the workplace, you will help foster a sense of community by putting the well-being of others at the forefront.
As CBRE, we are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Workplace Experience Ambassador Events (WEAE)
The Workplace Experience Ambassador Events oversees the logistics of events, ensuring each is run efficiently and to the world-class standards established by the Host team. The individual works with the Workplace Experience Team and other stakeholders within the organization to coordinate events, including finding suitable catering options, seeking and booking quality entertainment options and administering each event’s setup, cleanup and tear down.
The Meeting and Events Coordinator also oversees events as they happen by welcoming guests, directing event setup, communicating with staff and solving problems should they arise, in addition to completing other duties as assigned.
The purpose of Workplace Experience Ambassadors are to deliver an exceptional workplace experience focused on the entire workplace journey for our colleagues and clients alike. It’s about detail, best practice, knowing what good looks like and then raising the bar.
Developing and driving an enhanced culture of service excellence within the client location in order to enhance the brand to internal and external stakeholders. Monitor successes of the workplace experience and positively shape and adjust to meet the client’s needs then proactively anticipate all stages of the customer journey.
Providing daily leadership, management and development of the agreed CBRE contract with BT. Ensuring financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded across your building. This role reports into the Workplace Experience Lead.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• To operate an exceptional meeting and events space for BT, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down. This includes providing a great welcome regardless of how you feel.
• Welcome guests, taking coats and luggage and providing a drink for them if required.
• Ensuring the smooth delivery of all services within the designated area and to ensure the teams deal effectively with all business user/client requests and enquiries and exceed expectations in all areas of the client facing operations.
• Deliver exceptional service across the events area and work at part of a team to collectively; meet and greet, room set-up, replenish consumables, ensure vending is stocked, monitor cleaning standards, reception desk cover over breaks and holidays, escalations to landlord, capture faults and log on landlords system and act as a host checking whether colleagues/customers need any help..
• To deliver a world-class events and meeting service to welcome clients, visitors, colleagues and business partners during the agreed operating hours.
• Ensuring that internal meeting rooms are clean and tidy, setup for the next meeting and all technology is working correctly.
• To support with the hospitality whether water/tea/coffee or food for the clients meetings. Support the catering team to provide an exceptional service.
• To build relationships with clients and colleagues.
• To be proactively visible in the events area of the building (client and colleague space).
• To communicate effectively and appropriately – using verbal and written channels in both proactive and professional manner.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with customer contacts.
• Supporting with advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward for our team and colleagues.
• Develop an exceptional partnership with catering and cleaning colleagues to deliver and improve appropriate workplace environments collaboratively.
• Previous experience, ideally in a customer experience role from hotels, cabin crew (first class or business class) to events / hospitality.
• Excellent motivational skills, with high levels or personal integrity.
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical delivery for client satisfaction..
• Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively with diplomacy and sensitivity.
• Able to demonstrate an empowering and inspiring leadership style.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong computers skills – Word, Excel Powerpoint as an example at intermediate/ advanced level.
• Excellent people skills and must be able to gauge people from different walks of life.
• Positive, charismatic and passion for service.
• Warm and engaging demeanor.
• Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.