Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Workplace Ambassador (Assistant FM)
The purpose of our Workplace Ambassador Assistant FM is to support the Workplace Experience Manager in delivering, as an individual and through their team, an exceptional workplace experience and is focused on the entire workplace journey for our colleagues and clients alike. It’s about detail, best practice, knowing what good looks like and then raising the bar.
Developing and driving an enhanced culture of service excellence within the client location in order to enhance the brand to internal and external stakeholders. Monitor successes of the workplace experience and positively shape and adjust to meet the client’s needs then proactively anticipate all stages of the customer journey.
Providing daily leadership, management and development of the agreed CBRE contract with BT. Ensuring financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded across your building. This role reports into the Workplace Experience Manager.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• To ensure the smooth management of all services within the designated BT building and to ensure the Workplace Services teams deal effectively with all business user/client requests and enquiries and exceed expectations in all areas of the client facing operations.
• Deliver exceptional integrated facilities management service across FoH/Reception and lead the team to collectively; meet and greet, room set-up, replenish consumables, ensure vending is stocked, monitor cleaning standards, reception desk cover over breaks and holidays, escalations to landlord, fire risk assessment reviews, manage BT waste, ensure fire marshals are in place, car parking – management of BT spaces, provide site passes and inductions to BT colleagues, Wayfinding screens updated, capture faults and log on landlords system and act as a host checking whether colleagues/customers need any help.
• Provide leadership to ensure that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
• An understanding of finance and management of P&L for the operations, ensuring a cost-efficient service in all areas (without impeding the client experience).
• To work alongside the strategic partners to ensure a comprehensive client experience combined with an enhanced service delivery.
• To manage and ensure a world-class Front of House service to welcome clients, visitors, colleagues and business partners during the agreed operating hours.
• To ensure that the hosts are fulfilling their ‘floor manager/ambassador’ responsibilities; ensuring that internal meeting rooms, printing bays, kitchen & client/colleague areas, bathrooms are fully functioning, clean, tidy and well cared for – consistently across the building. Thereby enabling building users to focus on their core business.
• To ensure there is a pleasant and positive working environment for BT business users with hosts who are available and accessible within the building.
• To build relationships with Senior BT clients – staying close to their work-related needs and to arrange meetings as required to showcase new/innovative service improvements.
• To be proactively visible in all areas of the building (client and colleague space).
• To communicate effectively and appropriately – using verbal and written channels in both proactive and reactive instances with colleagues, clients the client experience team and all other stakeholders
• Working with other managers on the BT account and within your Business Unit to ensure collaborative development of the business, effective teamworking, and best practice ensuring national consistency.
• Ensure appropriate contract review, audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with customer contacts and CFU’s.
• Build a robust succession plan for the building, using management development programmes and local development activities to ensure ready and able candidates are available at all times.
• Provision of leadership guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
• Develop an exceptional partnership with ISS and PF&S colleagues to deliver and improve appropriate workplace environments collaboratively.
• Previous facilities management experience, ideally in a customer experience role with events/hospitality experience.
• Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels or personal integrity.
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical delivery for client satisfaction.
• High degree and knowledge reference of Health and Safety legislation.
• Experienced Workplace Experience Manager.
• Ability to manage conflict and crisis situations effectively with diplomacy and sensitivity.
• Able to demonstrate an empowering and inspiring leadership style.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and portray vision, values and passion.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people.
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.