Seoul , South Korea
Date published: 22-Jun-2020
A unique and exciting opportunity to form part of the growing Valuation & Advisory Services team in Korea working in a diverse team of international and Korean appraisal and advisory professionals assisting an existing large and diverse portfolio of clients. This is a role with a high degree of responsibility, overseeing the valuation process for ensuring that the team supports the client in meeting his/her specific commercial real estate goals at the domestic level.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for developing and refining the overall end to end delivery of CBRE Korea’s valuation and advisory process across domestic and regional clients
· Work closely with the Korean and International Valuation to management and provide support in meeting reporting requirements.
· Overall responsibility for Korea’s internal audit process for all valuation & advisory services in accordance with our global Quality Risk Management (‘QRM’) requirements.
· Ensure that the team adheres to client’s needs and more importantly quality processes and compliance protocols, where required.
· Drive consistency and process improvements to achieve added value and efficiency across the various teams in Korea Valuation & Advisory Services.
· Drive the spirit of collaboration within CBRE.
· Act as direct escalation point to country head of valuation.
· Establish and deepen the client relationship through engagement and the introduction of wider CBRE services and products where appropriate.
· Ensure the client is kept abreast of general market norms/ upcoming trends.
· Act as mentor, where appropriate, through regular knowledge sharing sessions
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to possess the following:
· Have strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to prioritize, delegate effectively, multi-task and a sense of humor to remain calm under pressure.
· Be driven to meet established operational performance targets with commercial acumen to capitalize on business opportunities.
· Ability to take critical feedback and convert it into constructive feedback for self and the team and the ability to continuously develop yourself, individuals and team personnel resources.
· Ability to absorb real estate fundamentals, complex business/real estate documents and prepare business cases for client, as well as experience in conducting real estate analysis/due diligence.
· Have a collaborative approach with the client and wider CBRE organization to achieve outstanding client outcomes.
· Have strong Communication (verbal & written English language), be diplomatic but assertive and possess excellent presentation skills.
· Independent and sensitive to cross-cultural exposures and environments.
· Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance or related discipline.
· Minimum 3 - 5 years commercial real estate valuation experience.
· Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or its equivalent.
· Clean international driver’s license
· Competency with Argus software will be an advantage.