Transition Manager (Facilities Management)
Petaling Jaya , Malaysia
Date published: 13-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Internal review of accounts operations
- Strategically manage multiple workstreams/teams through the planning, organization, and staffing for a department to ensure client service needs are met.
- Develop and implement department and corporate initiatives. Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of project plans.
- Strategically build relationships with key stakeholders and leadership members both internally and externally, to ensure service levels are being met. Review and analyse scope of service changes from team managers, and price additional services based on in-depth knowledge of the department's pricing platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues involving clients, personnel, and internal and external customers.
- Evaluate departmental processes to ensure maximum efficiencies, conformity to internal policies and procedures as well as supporting internal controls.
- Provide professional comments during solutioning and planning stage to mitigate disruption to users.
- Follow up and implement in line with the handover process and procedures from Solutions Team to Transition Team and handover to Operations.
- Review to ensure continuous operations and handover requirements to be added to the Facility Management contracts.
- During transition of the project, monitor FM operations ensure maintain level of service, on-time identification of deviation from procedures, to realign or adjust to ensure compliance by relevant parties;
- Read and understand the contract / schedules within the Master Service Agreements to deliver the scope of work that are stipulated in line with the KPI/SLA requirements.
- Preparation of the business case for internal review before starting the transition process. This includes the P&L projection and development of the budget to handover to operations after Go Live of the account.
- Populating the Due Diligence template during site visit stage together with the Technical team to capture existing asset condition survey prior to CBRE taking over the site.
- Monitor and implement by using the Handover checklist and Risk Register to capture all potential risk to the project.
- Act as a FM representative to ensure the Vendor Transition plan in place. Include user manuals, training and Hypercare stage.
- Act as a FM representative to ensure all related Trainings to be done before handover to FM (i.e. during the project).
- Understanding the critical asset installation and start to work out building integrity/maintenance strategies.
- Work together with stakeholders for move management and plan suitably for users, assets, hard & soft services including in phases as needed.
- Review current archiving/long-term storage within site and plan future space use with focus on management, control, handling with efficiency.
- Take other FM jobs or project as required during the assignment period.
- Ensure that the accounts are consistently aligned with client requirements by carrying out periodical operational reviews
- Provide assistance, guidance and if necessary, leadership in overcoming any compliance issues
- Carry out firm and decisive actions on continuing non-compliance issues to prevent further escalation
- Coordinate initiative based on review and feedback for improvements to operations.
External audit preparations
- To identify common key elements of operating procedures and develop a local operating procedure to streamline operational processes among the various accounts which are not covered specifically
- Establish baseline standards and requirements which would qualify for ISO certification and ensure that operating procedures are aligned with the baseline.
- Establish that the accounts are aligned with the local operating procedures for purpose of external quality audit
- Coordinate preparations of the relevant documentation with regards to local procedures for purpose of external quality audit
- Establishment of site-based quality officers to enable continuous monitoring for consistent work practises
- Review of site reports and execute and assist/coordinate any corrective measures necessary
Survey and costing for business development
- Establish preliminary contact with potential client
- Understand key requirements of the proposed contract and subsequently outline the appropriate survey scope
- Execute the site survey for potential new contracts or additional work scope
- Provide costing relevant to proposed contract requirements
- Coordinate the roll out of any new policies directly involving operations
- Carry out investigations as required by region on specific issues
- Assist in any related operational matters particularly on policy implementation
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Minimal 6 years relevant experiences of project management and facilities management
- Degree or above holder preferably in business, technical, management or related discipline.
- Strong leadership and change management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution; diplomatically diffuse situations.
- Able to prepare presentation slides using Microsoft Project, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Analytical skills to review financial spend and prepare gap analysis.