London , United Kingdom
Date published: 11-Feb-2020
Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 7,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Technical Support Manager (TSM)
The purpose of our Technical Support Manager is to Support CBRE BT Business Units operational services to ensure technical compliance is achieved at all times. Provide a high standard of technical advice and provide a timely response to operational incidents and customer issues. Assist the Area Facilities Managers to oversee technical maintenance and repair operations to ensure that FM service delivery is not compromised.
Key responsibilities are as follows:Liaise closely with operational service delivery teams, building an awareness of the technical aspects of the operation that may require support, and provide advice/approval on high risk activities – both business risk and QHSE risk.
• Undertake site inspections as directed to ensure that all technical aspects are compliant, and any deficiencies are reported through the correct channels.
• Undertake technical audits of selected sites as directed, ensuring that asset performance is optimised, risks are escalated, and technical compliance is maintained at all times.
• Act as Senior Authorised Person for the BU, with responsibilities consisting of:
o The application of the standard authorising process of CBRE, recommending the appointment of Authorised Persons (APs) for LV, Pressure Systems, and Confined Space, and regular assessments of appointed Aps
o Updating the Divisional Authorised Person register
o Completing Authorised Persons site audits across the BU
• Provide incident investigation and root cause analysis across the BU as required, producing reports and learning from experience documents to be shared internally/externally.
• Support training and development programmes for Apprentices and operational teams by undertaking training and briefings as directed.
• Liaise and work in partnership with the QHSE team.
• Support QHSE policy on safe systems of work by regularly monitoring permit to work arrangements related to technical aspects of safe working including, but not limited to, electrical safety, confined spaces, pressure vessels and mechanical and combustion systems.
• Act in accordance with Health & Safety, statutory requirements, industry standards and BT and CBRE quality standards, processes and procedures.
• Support new business opportunities by providing technical expertise and estate knowledge when requested to do so.
• Provide technical support to the BU Projects team in areas such as:
o Scope and specification reviews
o Support in planning of high risk works
• Attend and contribute to the BT Divisional Technical Forum, reporting risks and opportunities to the forum.
• An experienced Technical Manager who has a full understanding of FM infrastructure and the technical services that supports it.
• A good communicator who can translate complex technical matters into understandable language to suit a variety of audiences.
• A proven track record in managing front line technical operations with the ability to implement and manage complex technical maintenance and repair operations.
• A thorough understanding of health and safety in the FM services environment and related permit to work processes.
• The ability to undertake technical appraisals of properties and produce high quality reports in Microsoft office suite; PowerPoint, Word and Excel packages accordingly.
• A clear and demonstrative approach to supporting service delivery teams in delivering excellent customer service.
• Good commercial awareness with strong financial skills related to operational services.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.