Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
The role: Technical Supervisor
The purpose of our Technical Supervisor is to be responsible for the technical performance of the contract, providing guidance to others on site and technical knowledge in mechanical and electrical systems to ensure appropriate and compliant solutions and efficient customer service delivery. The Supervisor will have knowledge in more than one skill or technology area – preferably mechanical, electrical and gas. This position requires an individual with good people, communication, and organisational skills.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and COSHH laws or regulations to make certain that all company Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
• To lead and be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the FM colleagues including managing absence and planning cover.
• First point of escalation for all maintenance colleague’s day to day, supporting with recruitment, onboarding, training and ongoing performance management of the team.
• Delivering and coordinating team meetings and toolbox talks
• Responsible for overseeing all installations, maintenance, repairs, and upkeep of the facilities in line with contractual requirements. Able to carry out and support first line investigations into building faults and isolate / make safe where necessary and arrange referral to engineer or specialist contractor through the Helpdesk.
• Management of subcontractors
• Undertake tasks associated with colleagues during peak workloads and provide holiday and sickness cover.
• Responsible for statutory compliance for planned maintenance works.
• Completion of audits, ensuring all on site documentation is current and complete
• Be used to working under pressure, problem solve and to use their initiative when necessary
• Confident in all aspects of electrical maintenance, fault finding and installation work.
• Contribute to the development of the maintenance budget and ensure compliance
• Monitoring inventory of materials and equipment
• Coordination and delivery of small projects
• Asset management and verification as required
• Building PPM planners and job plans in line with SFG20 requirements
• Management of building defects
• Approving maintenance strategy including monthly reporting and KPI validation, including live jeopardy management and applying for extensions to SLA’s as required.
• Observe the site rules and maintain a smart appearance, leading by example at all times.
• Be prepared to perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Workplace Contract Manager and Technical Lead.
• Understand the operation of the building to maintain a positive on-site relationship with our customers and be aware of any potential or existing customer dissatisfaction or circumstance and ensure that management are suitably informed in a timely manner.
• Assist in the preparation of emergency and contingency plans.
• Ability to measure, work to plans (method statements), read technical diagrams and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate to trade/skill.
• Organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
• Ensure that all issues are reported to the Contract Manager
• Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
• Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
• Risk Management – risk aware and applies the necessary controls.
• Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
• Drive for Excellence – aims to deliver a high standard of work.
• Self-Motivation and Development– is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
• Customer Awareness – responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others’ ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients’ challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders.