Hemel Hempstead , United Kingdom
Date published: 13-Feb-2020
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading provider of facilities management services in the built environment, working in partnership with some of the UK and Europe’s best-known companies.
We are recruiting a Technical Supervisor with responsibility for delivering the highest standard of technical services across both data center and corporate office sites in Hemel Hempstead.
Reporting to a Contract Manager, the Technical Supervisor is a key position towards ensuring the successful delivery of this contract. The Technical Supervisor will ensure that an outstanding standard of M&E maintenance services are delivered through leadership of the on-site engineering team, as well as operating as a hand-on Engineer where required. We are looking for somebody who is driven, pro-active and passionate about delivering the highest standard of customer service.
· Ensure site technical services are delivered in compliance with legislative, client and CBRE health, safety and environmental programmes.
· Act as the Technical Services point of contact for all in / out of scope technical activities and provide technical support across a wide spectrum of services.
· Manage a team of engineers to deliver technical services utilising CBRE employed resource (self-perform). Be the driver in maximising the volume of work that is self-performed.
· Manage specialist subcontractors where required, ensuring work is carried out in compliance with legislative, client and CBRE health, safety and environmental programmes.
· Be the Maintenance Excellence Champion for the site, driving continuous improvement in technical service delivery.
· Provide solutions and associated quotations for small project works.
· Carry out maintenance and repair activities when required (likely to be in the event of an emergency, or for holiday/sickness cover).
· Formal mechanical or electrical engineering qualifications, ideally to HND level.
· 18th Edition qualification.
· Wide knowledge of Building Services systems, including HVAC, electrical, BMS etc.
· Previous experience working in a management position to deliver maintenance services.
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience of monitoring and improving energy efficiency.
· Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and statutory compliance.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.