Looking after 21 branches across Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire , United Kingdom
CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Job Title: Technical Supervisor
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Technical Supervisor to join the JLP team located in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire/ Oxfordshire.
The successful candidate will be the regional point of contact responsible for all technical service delivery on behalf of CBRE GWS. They will be responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance work (planned, corrective and reactive) and associated control processes. They will be responsible for the efficient and effective planning and scheduling of all resources to conduct all maintenance activities in accordance with current legislation, industry guidance and best practice. They will be responsible for delivering a best in class service, maximising resource productivity and minimising customer business interruptions.
• Ensure site technical services are delivered in compliance with legislative, client and CBRE health, safety and environmental programmes
• Act as the Technical Services point of contact for all in / out of scope technical activities and provide technical support across a wide spectrum of industrial technical services, to the CBRE team and client.
• Manage a team of technicians to deliver technical services utilising CBRE employed resource (self-perform). Be the driver in maximising the volume of work that is self-performed.
• Manage specialist subcontractors where required, ensuring work is carried out in compliance with legislative, client and CBRE health, safety and environmental programmes
• Be the Maintenance Excellence Champion for the site, driving continuous improvement in technical service delivery
• In conjunction with the Site Leader, manage allocated budgets in line with service lines, against the contract model.
• Provide solutions and associated quotations for small project works
• Identify potential business opportunities for increased scope and additional services.
• Carry out maintenance and repair activities when required (likely to be in the event of an emergency, or for holiday/sickness cover)
• Manage the technical service delivery on site
• Must have people management experience (this role will manage a team of 12 engineers)
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledge of EHS requirements
• Excellent analytical skills
• Good organisational and planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to visualise and communicate the execution of work.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background and competency to accurately estimate labour hours, material requirement and trade/skills needed to complete a job.
• Good written and verbal communications skills and have demonstrated the ability to be approachable and tactful
• Demonstrated ability to write and provide simple and accurate instructions.
• Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
• Experience of managing hard services within the built environment within retail and / or offices
• Knowledge and understands the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling and storeroom processes.
• Must be capable of providing familiarisation training and demonstrating any specific job requirements.
• Will be able to lead by example by carrying out practical maintenance and installation tasks to a high standard