Technical Services Lead
Dublin , Ireland
Date published: 16-Apr-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to assist the Hard Services facilities management team for multiple single client office locations across EMEA.
- A lead role in the provision of Hard Services Management across various EMEA locations (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk).
- Demonstrate technical capability in operations and maintenance requirements and apply standards to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects and facilities management , including but not limited to: maintenance requirements, agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients and contractors to define technical requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identify technical services project delivery resources from suitable contractors or through individual project qualification process; conduct standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
- Support project delivery resources/team providing technical services guidance and direction to achieve project goals as required.
- Implements communication plans for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement technical facilities project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Track progress of Technical facilities projects against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implement change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrate ability to identify technical risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrate control of business critical / emergency situations and seek to resolve promptly ensuring minimum disruption to the business.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Services Manager.
- Undergrad degree in a technical area of study, mechanical or electrical with prior facilities operations management experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Experience preferred in industry. preferred four years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
- Ability to travel throughout EMEA as required.