Job Title: Surveyor/Senior Surveyor – Retail Valuation
To play a key part within the retail valuation and advisory team, providing market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, and lenders.
An opportunity to work in a busy specialist retail valuation and advisory team of over 20 people, providing regular investment valuations, loan security, acquisition and strategic advice. The team specialises in high street, prime Central London, shopping centres, designer outlet centres, superstores and out of town retail parks. The suitable candidate will be highly motivated, valuing a range of retail assets including some of the largest and most prime retail property in the UK, with an opportunity to be involved in some of the most high profile transactions in this dynamic and exciting market.
• Close liaison with clients ensuring high quality advice is consistently delivered.
• Preparing valuations of a broad range of asset types across the retail sector in the UK, including developments as well as investments.
• Preparation of valuation reports for a broad range of purposes including accounts, loan security and strategic advice.
• Working with autonomy and supporting senior team members on high profile instructions.
• Valuing a wide variety of asset types: the team is currently appointed to value over 120 shopping centres on a regular basis, from high profile destination retail such as Bluewater and Westfield Stratford, to smaller community shopping centres, and everything in between. The team’s portfolio of recurring mandates includes 6 of the top-10 centres in the country.
• Preparation of cashflows using Excel, Argus Investor and Argus Developer.
• To integrate with the wider CBRE retail network and other business lines such as Capital Markets, Development Agency, Planning and Building Consultancy.
• To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and marketing initiatives.
• MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable.
• 0 – 4 years’ post qualification experience (commercial or residential).
• Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
• Organised, focused and high attention to detail.
• Team player who is trusted by clients and colleagues alike.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, in fast paced dynamic environment.
• Passionate about the retail sector.
• Retail experience preferable but not essential.
• Valid UK driving licence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.