CBRE’s Rating team has enjoyed tremendous delivering profitable growth and creating opportunities for individuals to progress their careers
They are now in a position to further accelerate the growth of their business across the UK through the London and regional offices. To succeed, they need to recruit an ambitious, talented individual.
CBRE are looking for a Surveyor/ Senior Surveyor to join our market leading Rating team in London to provide rating advice to a broad range of blue-chip clients including Landlords, occupiers, investors, and developers. You will be tasked with supporting a Team head and the Business Development lead, building on existing market success; you will have the tenacity and ability to learn new skills and develop new business and provide support to Directors on high profile and complex cases.
• To work with prestigious occupational clients including HSBC, Barclays, British Airways, Clifford Chance, Hewlett Packard and Google
• To provide bespoke rates appeal and mitigation advice to major investor clients including M&G Real Estate, CBRE Global Investors, Great Portland Estates, Hammerson, Hermes Pension Management and Westfield.
• To manage and grow your own client base and case load with a view to taking on more responsibility with increased experience
• Developing excellent business relationships with new and existing clients
• Approaching potential new clients on the phone
• To assist with and provide rating advice to developer and landlord clients through all stages of the development cycle including deletion / RV appeals, completion notices and mitigation strategies.
• To assist with the preparation of Valuation Tribunal procedural documents including statement of case.
• To integrate fully in the wider CBRE network and to develop relationships with key CBRE service lines including Agency, Investment and Development to promote the team and leverage opportunities
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Commercially astute with an entrepreneurial attitude to business development
• Ability to work autonomously and co-ordinate tasks efficiently to ensure deadlines are met
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
• Confident and assertive where required
• Sociable and outgoing
• Flexible approach to work
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
• Team player who works effectively with colleagues and clients
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook) familiarity with Rating software Riverlake and Analyse beneficial
• Preferably MRICS qualified with previous Rating experience
• Experience in providing rating advice and negotiating appeals
• Detailed knowledge of rating legislation and case law
• Good general surveying and inspection skills