Job Title: Surveyor / Senior Surveyor – Healthcare Investment
This position is for a transaction oriented individual to work in the market leading healthcare team focussed on development and land transaction across both the senior living and care sectors.
The role will focus on development and land transactions but will include supporting funding solutions and wider consultancy advice to a full range of property companies, operators, institutional investors and debt providers.
The team offer a full range of services across the sector specialising in the funding, disposal, acquisition and advisory services to ‘retirement housing, housing with care, assisted living and residential care.
The team covers projects throughout the UK and liaises closely with local offices. The team already enjoys a strong market presence and has seen recent successes in winning new mandates. In a rapidly growing part of the market, that is bucking the trend seen in some other sectors, this role offers the candidate an opportunity to create their niche in a key growth area of the business.
- Working as part of team to manage relationships and grow the business opportunity including promoting and developing the Healthcare team internally within CBRE
- Sourcing opportunities: working closely with wider CBRE network across Residential Development, OPRE, Healthcare, and regional colleagues in key locations where instructions are located
- Feasibility and Viability Research: acquisitions and sales based, carry out demographic and data based analysis, working with local teams and other departments, agents
- Preparing and issuing marketing advice – including pricing and advice on developments and land
- Responsibility for the management of development and land transactions – to include pitching, preparation for sale, marketing opportunities, working with consultants and solicitors
- Management of clients (funders & operators) on a ‘day to day’ basis
- Assist and lead in attendance and preparation of networking events, seminars, and other social situations with the goal of expecting personal and team network
- Manage database of land evidence for the sector
- Supporting research reports and help develop the output
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor
- Self-motivated while working as part of an energetic and enthusiastic team, with both colleagues and clients
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships
- Experience in the land transactions and/or an understanding of the healthcare sector
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Maintain a positive attitude towards routine tasks with accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team, including with colleagues and clients
- Experience in preparing valuation and cashflow models using such packages as Argus and Excel
- Ability to analyse and communicate complex proposals
- In a position to travel for work
- Excellent report and pitch writing skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 100,000 people worldwide, with over 3,000 working in the UK. The Company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.