CBRE’s market leading Birmingham based Lease Consultancy team advises landlords and tenants on lease consultancy matters across all property sectors. The team includes three highly regarded lease consultancy practitioners, who now require a surveyor/senior surveyor/associate director (position depending on experience) to strengthen the team and client offering.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to build on already acquired lease consultancy skills or to develop new skills in this area. The team have a significant book of work and require a motivated individual to assist with existing cases and to develop their own business generation skills. Our clients are primarily major institutions, respected property companies and blue-chip corporate occupiers including HSBC Bank Plc, Lloyds Bank plc & TSB.
- Providing timely advice on commercial rent review, lease renewal and lease regear instructions.
- Reading and summarising leases
- Inspecting and measuring premises
- Collating comparable evidence
- Preparation of lease renewal and rent review pre negotiation reports for clients
- Negotiating with landlords/tenants and their agents
- Preparation of settlement reports for clients
- Preparation of Heads of Terms
- Monitoring deals through the legal process
- Preparation of reports for third party referral
- Assisting senior colleagues on instructions as necessary
- A lease consultancy background is beneficial although specific sector or market experience is not essential
- MRICS qualified
- Diligent and pro-active
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative ensuring all deadlines are met
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Team player who wants to work within a busy team for a market leading business.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. CBRE currently employs roughly 44,000 people worldwide, with 2000 working in the UK. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. CBRE in the United Kingdom has offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, London, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.