CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Stores Operative to join the team located in Bracknell. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a service for all Goods-in deliveries and mail handling, as well as being accountable for receiving goods, booking in, correct distribution and delivering the goods received across our clients International Research centre.
• The unloading and delivery of heavy goods/pallets on site using the forklift
• Moving goods around with use of pallet trucks or trollies, dependent on size of items; maintain goods in tidiness, always ensuring packing and pallets are removed as required
• Load and unload freight vehicles, trucks and vans in line with H&S procedures
• Physical movement of stock which includes unpacking and loading onto shelves within stores area
• Receive, enter and transfer items into relevant delivery cages for delivery across site via company vehicle or forklift
• Handle direct customer email and telephone enquiries in a professional manner
• Record incoming goods in deliveries, couriers/freight / parcels / recorded and registered mail, retaining accurate records
• Ensure all packages and mail are collected, sorted, and distributed correctly across the site’s various buildings
• Process all courier requirements, maintaining accurate records as required
• Perform investigations into lost packages, as well as process unidentified mail
• Order items such as gloves, recyclable cups and plastic bags keeping to agreed stock levels
• Maintain stationery stock levels, replenish supplies, such as paper, printer cartridges across site and replenish as necessary
• Fulfilment of account’s gas cylinder orders, this includes the install/swapping of gas cylinders and keeping cylinder hoses up to date across entire site; training provided by BOC and responsible for the reordering of the gases on site
• Maintain and replenish stock levels of account’s solvent stores
• Fulfil consumables and PPE orders from Syngenta received through email and online ordering systems
• Maintain stock levels of all stores consumables, gases and solvents plus the ordering of items held using account’s online ordering system if required
• Follow all Health & Safety and Environmental requirements that are defined on work instructions or communicated in training
• Report all hazards, accidents, occupational illnesses and emergencies
• Undertake and maintain awareness of manual handling training
• Knowledge of emergency procedures associated with goods in, including suspect package procedures
• In addition to the above-mentioned tasks, other activities and responsibilities may be individually defined to meet the needs of the business
• Full clean driving license
• Good level of written and verbal communication skills
• IT skills including MS Office, data base experience
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of an integrated site team
• Ability to prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
• Good understanding of sorting, handling and delivering large parcels, sorting and franking post
• Experience within a Goods in environment
• Customer service orientated attitude
• Understanding of workplace Health and safety and manual handling
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.