Shanghai , Mainland China
Date published: 23-Jun-2020
To be the subject matter expert within the Market PM team on Project contracts, cost and procurement.
This role has two primary areas of service:
· Management role:
· Assisting in the annual capital planning process.
· Project budgeting.
· Management of contracts for term contractors.
· Relationship management with clients, suppliers and associated parties.
· Delivery role:
· Liaising with both local and regional Project Managers & Facilities Managers.
· Providing advice and guidance on project contract matters.
· Assisting with contract arbitration, if and when required.
· To act as a centre of competence for quantity surveying within CBRE and clients including both updating and continually improving the knowledge, process and base of account knowledge as well as leveraging the knowledge, systems and regional data available to better deliver in-country projects.
· To manage appropriate supplier’s database necessary to realise CBRE & Clients project and program objectives and ensure appropriate appointment on a project or programme basis.
· Understand local market conditions (including but not limited to costs and general commercial influences, suppliers & contractors, work periods and conditions, local practices etc.) managing execution to allow for such local factors
· Coordinate with the Intelligent Service Centre (Manila) to incorporate the database of historical cost information to prepare cost estimates as required for the capital planning, ad-hoc works or other as may necessary.
· Provide cost advice to inter-disciplinary teams within the contract including the facilities management team, energy team workplace team etc.
· Full compliance and consistency with the contract and CBRE business systems;
· Identify and communicate compliance requirements with relevant laws, regulations, codes and standards.
· Foster and maintain positive working relationships with clients, client sub- contractors, suppliers and consultants.
· Assist in the management of the contract and service delivery in accordance with Contract KPI’s & client expectations.
· Manage customer relationships as required by Account Partnership relationships
· Prepare detailed reporting and other information as required.
· Participate in client project meetings.