Sr Financial & Operation Analyst
Petaling Jaya , Malaysia
Date published: 16-Jul-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Responsible for client booking month end closing
- Detailed review of revenue and cost transactions for APAC Offices / Data Center
- Journals preparation and submission to Accounting Team for booking, monitor the posting of journals and profit and loss up to final results
- Perform variance analysis of profit and loss accounts against budget/forecast and able to explain significant fluctuations (Actual vs Budget vs Forecast)
- Assist Finance Manager to prepare monthly fluctuation analysis report for submission to Finance Lead
- Coordinate with APAC Facilities Manager for their accrual & review the open PO report submitted by Operations manager to ensure the accrual are correct
- Prepare accruals and reclass journals for Accounting Team booking in system, ensure spending are recorded correctly by Business unit and GL
- Perform AP listing & Payment review : to select items which are ready for payment
- Identify & work with Accounting Team – to trigger non core billing (for extra work)
- Updating the Facilities Change request tracker
- Prepare monthly spending tracker and perform analysis on client budget vs actual
- Prepare Cash flow report
- Maintain billing schedule and ensure timely billing for core/non core items
- Review the billing against the tracker and annual PO ensure the billing and PAD (Portfolio Added/ Deletion) is followed up and tracked accordingly.
- Review Accounts Receivable and follow up with Operations team for outstanding billing
- Prepare the AR aging report and distribute internally for management decision
- Maintain sites sq footage file to ensure it’s updated and correct management fee computation
- Support the preparation and delivery of monthly Contract and Business Unit Reviews
- Responsible for operational finance work
- Address queries from operations team & Internal stakeholder relating to few internal system such as Work Order Management, JDE system etc
- Address queries from vendors and review payment list to select invoices (after feedback from Operations) to prioritize for payment run (managing within healthy cashflow)
- Prepare detailed/comprehensive spending tracker in alignment with operations team budget & target spend
- Coordinate with APAC Facilities Manager to review all purchase order
- Onboarding the new vendor & address queries from vendors & operations team
- Point of contact to resolve queries relating to PO, invoices, chargeback by facilities manager
- Positively respond to both our internal and external stakeholders through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility
- Review report produced by Accounting Team and highlight to Finance Manager if there is any issue
- Coordination of the consolidation of reporting within APAC (ANZ, Asia and India)
- Supporting Operations team on any issues with financial system
- Site visitation as and when required
- Any other assignments as directed by immediate supervisor
Key Competencies and Qualification:
- Min 3 to 5 years of working experience.
- Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Good exposure / open to finance/accounting and/or at an Analyst level preparing and analyzing management reports, forecast model and performing sensitivity analysis.
- Proven experience in the areas of P2P and associated Financial Processes
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal, and feel comfortable to interact with people at all levels across the account and develop effective relationships at all levels
- Excellent IT Skills with exposure to accounting system with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel (to include lookups & pivot tables)
- Attention to detail, organised and methodical in your approach to work, and the ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure and on time.
- Must be team and results oriented with high level of commitment
- Analytical skills with ability to articulate business issues and encompass problem identification, evaluation, and resolution.
- Proficiency in English. Ability to effectively interact with and adapt to both Asian and Western business management style/culture. Inter-personal/communication skills.
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to adapt to business environment changes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities / parties