Space Planner, Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 23-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
With deep expertise in Workplace Strategy, CBRE help our clients identify opportunities to reduce and/or reallocate their costs, more effectively manage their resources, improve employee engagement and make decisions faster.
The incumbent will be part of the Workplace Strategy team in Kuala Lumpur. He / she will provide space planning, data mining/analysis, reporting and interpretation of space planning metrics in an effort to provide recommendations and proposed solutions for a client's occupancy needs. The responsibilities include the following.
- Analyzes space requirements and provides conceptual space plans and recommendations to real estate team(s) and/or stake holders; Prepares block or stack plan(s); charter(s) and move lists.
- Produces drawings and presentations for internal stakeholder(s) and client facing steering committee meetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback; involves project management staff as appropriate for move and construction services.
- Collaborates with other team members to gain business intelligence. Responsible for occupancy data within the system of record. May be required to manage space walks for validation and update of occupancy metrics.
- Partners with other departments on move and relocation sequencing and execution. Liaise with Change Management teams as needed.
- Makes recommendations to Management on necessary space planning code changes and/or requirements and updates.
- Attends client meetings to collect requirements, present findings and recommendation. Obtains approvals to proceed when required.
- Acts as a single point of contact for relevant systems/processes in subject teams and day-to-day functions.
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree with minimum three years experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services.
- AutoCAD drawing experience is required.
- CAFM software experience is preferred.
- Professional Registration in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.
- Certification in Corporate Real Estate, LEED or Facilities Management a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles abd familiar with financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and CAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).
- Familiar with system furniture design and modular furniture while demonstrating knowledge and adherence to building regulations and health & safety guidelines.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely and reliable service to client(s). Ability to present information in an effective way.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task.