Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 16-Apr-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to manage the development and implementation of a company-wide strategic procurement platform for maintenance, repair and operation (MRO) service and supply contracts and capital expenditures, with an overall objective of aggregating and leveraging purchasing power, increasing operational efficiency, and increasing profitability.
- Develops,plans organizes and implements contracting and procurement strategies and programs to increase operational efficiency and profitability.
- Develops standardized systems and controls for procurement including RFP documentation, work authorization, purchase and change order systems, and supplier/contractor eligibility criteria.
- Conducts pre-award negotiations with suppliers to meet project budget and keeping track of VI savings achieve through active negotiations. Engagement with Operation & Projects to ensure sourcing and operations are aligned on expectations and any ongoing/upcoming activities as well as sharing of ideas and new innovations (where applicable).
- Client engagement to update them on procurement strategies and the status of ongoing/upcoming procurement activities and award recommendations. Monthly & quarterly review meetings together with the team and client to summarise the status of sourcing activities and sourcing savings performance to date against contract target. Quarterly VI Savings signoff meeting together with Client to ensure all VI savings recorded are well documented with supporting documents and approvals to meet audit requirements.
- Manages the supplier/contractor certification process including review of requisite experience, legal and organizational structure, financial viability, geographic coverage, insurance requirements and other capabilities.
- Prepares and maintain contracts in accordance with company standards.
- Develops, manages, coordinates sourcing processes and practices with internal stakeholders.
- Establishes requirements for and ensure the integrity of centralized procurement database systems.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Serves as the key point of contact for utilization management and coordination with outside procurement/procurement solutions.
- Liaise with a peer or another functional support colleague within the project to seek opportunities for collaborative procurements, and ensure that best practice and experiences are shared.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Building & Real Estate or equivalent to a 4-year college program in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in procurement of MRO, construction/ capital projects, services and supplies in multiple industries.
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, contract negotiation, quality assurance, procurement management and vendor management.
- Experience in implementing e-procurement solutions with exposure to systems development and supplier management.