Cambridge , United Kingdom
Date published: 30-Nov-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Sourcing Coordinator to join the team located in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with key scientific suppliers, the account teams and wider CBRE divisional contacts; source, negotiate & procure a wide variety of complex service contracts & agreements in order to support the scientific operations of our client whilst also ensuring adherence to CBRE supply chain & financial programmes.
- Ensure that all supplier contracts within their allocated sphere of responsibility are negotiated with suppliers on price, lead time, quality and service for multiple services and commodities.
- Utilizes existing national/regional agreements when and where possible to ensure effective leveraging of spend and rationalization of the supplier base, working with corporate sourcing team to ensure consistency in all major subcontracts.
- Collates demand for the contract and works closely with the specified scientific users, as well as our FM client and our internal teams to ensure the correct contract levels are established and approved by all parties.
- Utilizing defined systems, raises purchase orders, approves invoices for payment and manages the closure of Purchase orders as part of the full management of the purchase order cycle.
- Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure customer and GWS financial savings targets are maximized.
- Assists sourcing and account team along with other internal customers on resolution of problems with contracted suppliers.
- Conduct all meetings with internal and external customers in a professional manner using a high degree of persuasive ability, professional knowledge, tact, good judgment and diplomacy.
- Maintains contract files as required by company policy and procedures.
- Understand, anticipate and deliver customer (internal and external) needs while building effective relationships whilst optimizing contract performance.
- Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
- Support the CBRE preferred supplier programme, through the identification and conversion of suppliers onto the programme as per the divisional targets in order to improve the overall performance of the supplier on your account and within the wider CBRE business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed:
- Hold academic passes with at least GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of working in a fast paced, operational environment
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Capable of working in a matrix environment.
- Organised and open to new ways of working to challenge inefficiencies
- Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Calm manner, able to work under pressure and with changing demands and priorities
- Confidential and discrete approach
- Customer focus skills with a passion for customer service.
- Effective communication skills enabling the individual to work with clients, suppliers, and staff at all levels
- Self-motivated and ambitious
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.