Solicitor - EMEA
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 12-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
To provide legal and strategic advice to regional and in-country senior and executive management, corporate and operational departments, and in-country counsel on a variety of commercial, corporate, and transactional matters across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”). The candidate will report into the Executive Director, EMEA Legal, and plays a key role in developing and sustaining risk management initiatives across the region while furthering the Group’s commercial goals.
This role is a high visibility position requiring coordination across multiple business lines and continuous engagement with various levels of the Group’s personnel in the UK and across EMEA, including executive leadership and senior members of commercial, HR, IT, and Compliance.
- Draft and negotiate complex local, pan-European and global commercial contracts, master service agreements and framework agreements for all aspects of the business, including commercial agreements with high revenue banking and property investor clients.
- Draft and negotiate a broad spectrum of agreements and legal documents, including local and cross-border subcontracting and commission agreements, joint venture and affiliate agreements, and related service mark licensing agreements.
- Create and maintain internal precedent document templates.
- Develop and deliver live and web-based training programs to legal and commercial colleagues on a range of legal and business risk issues.
- Produce legal and cross-functional policies and procedures and create related memoranda and guidance documents on a variety of topics.
- Provide legal advice and input on all aspects of acquisition transactions, including review and negotiation of letters of intent, purchase agreements, employment documentation and due diligence.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel and advisors across the region in relation to acquisitions, corporate transactions, and special multi-jurisdictional projects.
- Collaborate with functional teams to execute corporate transactions, including intergroup funding, re-organisation, and tax-driven restructuring.
- Provide ad hoc advice to, and collaborate with, legal, operational and commercial colleagues across EMEA with respect to all aspects of the business, internal operations, and multi-jurisdictional special projects.
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 7 years PQE
- Corporate Transactional and M&A experience
- Experience working in a multi-national organisation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, proactively and co-operatively
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Willingness to work on tight timeframes at a fast pace, including accommodating different time zones on global transactions.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Professional and approachable whilst also being adaptable
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues