Soft Services Manager
Bracknell , United Kingdom
Date published: 16-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Site Soft Services Manager to join the team located in Bracknell. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of Site and Soft Services at the Client site either directly or via third party suppliers including the high value and profile cleaning, catering, security and waste management supplier contracts plus self-performed services for Concierge and visitor experience, grounds and landscaping as well as storage and warehouse services ensuring standards of customer service are achieved and in line with contract and agreed scope and service levels.
- Responsible for the delivery of soft service to the agreed budget circa USD 2.0-2.5M as part of the GMP contract
- Ensure best practise, competitive pricing, development of strategic supplier relationships and proactive delivery.
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure site is maintained at a high level of quality.
- Ensure that all relevant legal requirements are met, especially in relation to security procedures (EG CCTV surveillance), security team compliance with DEFRA (government department) licensing for high risk experimental studies undertaken on site, waste management (including high risk/high volume and none standard waste streams, with specific compliance requirements), management of the residential property portfolio (higher risk and compliance requirements for the multiple occupants/student accommodation) and catering team food hygiene compliance.
- Support the overall performance of the contract and required deliverables including ownership of assigned operational tracker activities, support with fee earning “additional works” and projects, performance managements against KPIs; HSSE; training and development and succession planning.
- Ensure that third party suppliers provide detailed monthly reports including financial reporting if required; HSE; personnel and operational issues.
- Ensure that all PPMs and inspections are carried out and that activities meet the needs of the client.
- Provide leadership for all direct reports including training, development and performance.
- Work with third party suppliers and direct reports to identify, investigate and implement opportunities to achieve efficiencies and improve customer service across all service lines.
- Work with third party suppliers and direct reports to deliver innovative solutions and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationship with the client, interacting with key client stakeholders and end users at all levels.
- Manage the cleaning and waste disposal contracts to ensure an efficient operational service is provided.
- Promote greater awareness of waste disposal policies and procedures with all staff.
- Liaise with catering management to ensure the food offering, quality of produce and availability of food is to the agreed contracted service level. Review of the catering P&L on a monthly basis as results have a direct link with quality.
- Manage the security contract to ensure that shift patterns are being fulfilled and security personnel have the correct training.
- Ensure all meeting rooms are properly stocked and available for use each day.
- Manage the reception and concierge services to ensure facilities are properly staffed and Syngenta literature is available to visitors. Reception and concierge staff to carry out site safety briefing and emergency procedures.
- Carry out and document regular checks to ensure quality levels
Skills, Qualification and Experience required:
- Ability to prioritise demands across multiple service lines
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret what good service looks like and how it should be delivered
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Budget Management / Numeric skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player / management skills
- Ability to cultivate a team environment with performance and customer service as a core behaviour.
- Demonstrates integrity - acts consistent with what he/she says and believes in line with ethical standards
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience within an outsourced facilities management environment ideally with clear evidence of management of soft services
- Excellent customer service skills are required as first point of contact for clients
- Experience of managing a diverse team across a number of functions
- A natural leader
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.