Smart Buildings Programme Leader
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 20-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for leading the delivery of a large, technical programme for a leading e-commerce client. This role is responsible for providing procedural as well as technical guidance to Project Managers executing BMS projects across 8 European Countries. The role requires establishing partnerships across client Construction Managers, General Contractors and BMS vendor partners across these countries to maintain and grow this business. The role will act as the primary POC for the client head-office in USA to provide weekly reporting and escalation management.
The role of the Programme Leader is as follows:
- Organizing, attending and leading stakeholder meetings.
- Work with client stakeholder groups across North America & Europe to provide weekly reporting.
- Drive the strategic vision for the programme to meet/exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Support the CBRE project managers to succeed with their projects.
- Hold quarterly business reviews with CBRE senior leadership across these 8 countries to review current status, opportunities and the look-ahead plan for the next 12+ months.
- Providing procedural as well as technical guidance to Project Managers executing BMS projects across 8 European Countries. The support may require both remote as well as on-site visits to these projects, including European travel.
- Provide a structured governing project management body.
- Outline a well-defined project management process or methodology.
- Mentor and train team members to support team development.
- Develop project strategies and ensure programme compliance.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Serve as liaison between on-site Project Managers, technical teams, account leadership, and client contacts.
- Support Client’s wider sustainability and corporate social responsibility objectives
- Create a win-win situation to solve client problems while growing the CBRE business.
- Responsible for the change management process, both at a project and programme level.
- Ensure SLAs compliance, especially for key KPIs such as programme schedule and finance.
- Manage internal financial reporting.
- Achieving/exceeding financial goals.
- Responsible for escalation management, both internal and client facing.
- Innovative & keen to always be learning new things.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Skilled in gaining customer confidence.
- Enjoy what they do & contribute to a fun exciting environment.
- Find ways to express statistics creatively & beyond just excel graphs.
- Have a passion for energy & sustainability.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Proven work history aligned with our CBRE values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence.
- Excellent first degree, ideally in Project Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project/Programme Management
- Experience of building services and control systems is required
- Energy efficiency auditing experience preferred
- Demonstrable management skills, with the ability to manage technical projects/programmes and clients
- Delivers work efficiently and to time
- Ability to manage budgets
- Available to travel across Europe as needed to support the program. Average 25% travel expectation but may increase from time to time
- Advanced understanding of mechanical, HVAC and electrical building systems, building automation systems, intelligent building systems.
- Experience in Niagara based control systems is preferred
- Problem solving ability in implementation of energy auditing, energy conservation projects, recommissioning and M&V
- Programme management and budget management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
Communication & Strategic Skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; needs to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as be detail oriented; strong leadership/management, verbal and written communication, negotiating and presentation skills
- Exceptional report writing skills with ability to communicate technical issues effectively
- Ability to research, analyze and form conclusions on complex issues
- Presents compelling arguments to support clients’ decision making
- Ability to coach & support colleagues
- Manage a team of Programme and Project Managers
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values