London , United Kingdom
Date published: 7-Feb-2020
CBRE are recruiting for a successful Sales Negotiator to join our busy residential sales team based onsite in East London. With our presence in the residential market rapidly increasing, coupled with CBRE’s future growth plans we are looking for an outstanding performer, who has experience continually hitting or exceeding targets.
Due to the continued growth of our Residential business and with new sites starting this year we are currently recruiting for a Sales Negotiator who to start with will be based on a site in East London. This person will be a specialist in New Homes and Site Sales. The principle role of the Sales Negotiator is to ensure that our New Development sites are sold with maximum effect and professionalism.
• Ensuring professional and effective relationships with the developer clients ensuring the highest levels of service at all times
• Ensuring all Sales leads are followed up as soon as possible whilst recording all information on the internal system
• Ensuring accurate information is conveyed to prospective purchasers and their external agents in accordance with current legislation
• Taking ownership to develop product knowledge and site layout always liaising with site manager ensuring current knowledge of build stage
• Achieve and exceed weekly and monthly targets
• Maintaining a professional and customer-service focused approach at all times
• Must be able and willing to assist with the various housekeeping aspects of the role such as meeting a greeting clients, making tea/coffee, checking the show apartments for any maintenance issues requiring attention, e.g., light bulbs needing replacement and generally assisting wherever is necessary.
• Experience in residential sales, preferably on site
• Good knowledge on East London and City/City Fringe residential market
• Track record of consistently achieving Sales targets
• Detailed working knowledge and understanding of relevant industry legislation
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook).
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
• Maintains a positive attitude towards routine tasks
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team
• Confident and assertive where required
• Flexible approach to work
• Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion
• Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.