CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Technician to join the team located in Sunbury. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient control of work service, supporting projects, moves and churn and operational activities across the account’s site.
• Host, oversee and work with visiting contractors, both projects related and in support of the operational team activities
• Manage work delivery at client premises, ensuring agreed quality objectives and timely project completion
• Manage safe execution of work to ensure adherence to the safe systems of work; carry out and meet SLAs and PPms set by the contract
• Ensure completion of all reactive Helpdesk Requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s
• Support the Client Projects / CBRE Projects and Operational teams by coordinating activity and advising limitations; Participate in a on call rota to support out of hours emergencies
• Develop and maintain consistent, professional and effective communication with project managers, contractors, consultants, customers and client representatives
• Provide suitable Health & Safety information to contractors including client protocols & CBRE EHS requirements, local procedures, welfare facilities
• Issue and clearance of Permits to Work as required within their discipline; carry out and document inspections of work equipment within competency
• Undertake proportionate monitoring of contractors to ensure that method statements and risk assessments, are being adhered to and high standards of work is maintained
• Carry out and document workplace inspections to CBRE and Client requirements; take appropriate action where sub-standard performance has been identified
• Coordinate with FM infrastructure teams to facilitate isolations, reconnections and the formal handover of completed works
• Ensure that refresher training is undertaken for safety critical job specific requirements at regular intervals; support in the training and development of all technical training requirements including competency training, critical services training and scenario training exercises
• Accountable to their immediate Manager for ensuring all service partners operate in compliance with CBRE & BP Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures and with local, national or European EHS legal requirements
• Bring to the immediate attention of Site Manager any critical incident or problem that could affect the ability of the CBRE Team to meet their contractual obligations or account’s expectations
• Liaise with the CBRE EHS specialist to ensure audit compliance
• Escalate urgent issues identified through to the Technical Services Manager
• Working within a Lab and business park on separate systems including Solar pressure and UPS
• Complete an incident report for all abnormal incidents affecting systems availability (draft prepared within 24 business hours of an incident); determine the root cause and action items required to restore availability and prevent a recurrence
• Solutions and support business partners throughout all stages of the projects and ensure that the procedure for granting access for maintenance and other work, including the securing of all necessary stakeholder approvals, is always complied with
• Any other duties as required
• Building Services, Mechanical/ Electrical / HVAC and commercial or pressure systems LV switching Knowledge
• HSE Knowledge (SMSTMS / IOSH / NEBOSH certification desirable)
• City & Guilds or equivalent in an Engineering, Building Services, Construction or related discipline
• Manager or supervisory experience of contractors for both remedial service and maintenance
• Certificated assessor for building services activities including confined space, hot works, working at height, desirable hold or held an AP appointment for pressure systems
• Experienced Authorised Person and competent operator of Permit to Work systems
• Computer literate, familiar with MS Office Applications, including Microsoft Project and capable of becoming competent user of bespoke databases
• Multiple years of experience with a Recognised Apprenticeship
• Good understanding of plc wiring diagrams
• Experience of invertors and working on systems with ELV
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.