Shift Technician, Data Center Solutions - East, Changi (12hrs Rotating Shifts)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 18-Mar-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Data Center Solutions (DCS) is the leading provider of full-spectrum life cycle services to data center owners, occupiers, and investors, including consulting services, advisory and transaction services, project management, and integrated data center operations.
- Train in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control.
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) as instructed by the Site Lead and ensure that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain.
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting (AIR) process
- Technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering (with 2-3 years working experience in Critical Environment)
- An understanding and experience on the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Knowledge of low & medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit daily reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc).
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Good communication, interpersonal and client service skills.
- Experience with Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player, able to work with the team and clients staff of all levels.