CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the team located in Cambridge.
• Direct Line Management of the day team engineers, including the management of all HR related items excluding the apprentices within the contract who report directly into the Supervisor
• Responsible for the sub-contractor performance, whilst on site undertaking any reactive maintenance work, ensuring that issues or escalations are reported back to the supervisor
• Daily and weekly monitoring of the CAFM system, alongside the supervisor, ensuring that all planned maintenance tasks are updated within the system and performance levels are achieved, whilst also doing this for the days when on the day shift pattern
• Undertake and follow the WTGC permit to work process, ensuring all CBRE contractors are booked into the system, whilst ensuring that all relevant SSOW documentation is adhered to
• Ensure that all planned and reactive works are booked in with key stakeholders, where access is difficult, and that all contractors are booked into the WTGC visitor management system
• Ensure that all CBRE Engineering team members, utilise the CBRE QSHE management system, inclusive of adhering to all SSOW and meeting safe working practices
• Provision or quotes, with all costs being uploaded to the web quote portal, for client approval
• Ability to deputise for the Supervisor during periods of absence (sickness or annual leave)
• Undertake first attendance in any high priority works, that may have been escalated and require a resolution to
• Provision of support, to the shift team engineers and shift team leader, if required or in the absence of the shift team leader, undertake the deputising in management, to the shift team engineers on duty
• Ensure that the shift handover logs are reviewed on a weekly basis, and that key issues have been resolved
• Support the Supervisors, Technical Services manager and Account Manager, in achieving our contract KPI’s, through the management of resources in delivering the planned and reactive maintenance activity within a reporting period
• Undertake a daily roll call to the engineers, alongside the shift team leader, providing an update on the planned activity for the day ahead
• Ensure effective communication, to both the WTGC representatives (FM and Stakeholders) and CBRE personnel, for general BAU reactive task completions
• Ensure that the CBRE engineering team, utilise the CAFM devices correctly, making sure that real time task completion is undertaken, and effective completion notes are documented on the CAFM task
• Undertaking alongside the Supervisor, of 4 to 6 toolbox talks per month within the engineering team resource, and ensuring that these are logged and recorded
• Management and assurance of 1 reportable near miss/hazard per month per employee; reduction of accidents, to as practicably low as possible, through the correct use of SSOW and PPE
• Management of Critical Spares Stores, signing out stock and ensuring that it is replenished accordingly when low; Ordering of parts and materials for the Day Team Engineers daily
• Liaison with the contract support functions, to ensure tasks are closed effectively and that purchase orders are raised for both contractors and suppliers
• Responsible for signing out keys (Trakka Cabinet), to engineers and contractors
• Undertake plant room audits, ensuring all plant areas are clear and tidy and workshop audits, ensuring that areas are clear and tidy
• The periodic monitoring, throughout the night shift of the BMS system, for any critical alarms ensuring that these are handed over to the day shift team leader via way of logbook updates
• Ability to communicate effectively to engineering team and the site Management team
• Must have a recognised Mechanical, Electrical or Building Fabric Qualification, with specialist trade skills dependent on role being undertaken
• Familiarity with safe systems of work
• Multiple years of experience within a Mechanical and Electrical Environment, delivering key building services across a large campus
• A good team worker, and can lead by example and setting standards with desire to progress and succeed
• Must be driven by achieving results and continuous improvement
• Remain on site until works are complete, in the event of critical issue
• Flexibility and reasonably attend site, as cover, in the event of other team members absences
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.