CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Operations Manager to join the team located in London.
• Management and control of all technical staff relating to plant and equipment maintenance
• Training and development of all staff to ensure compliance with site policies, procedures and legislative requirements in relation to maintenance and reactive works
• Workload allocation across shift teams to meet the client needs
• Workload planning and daily scheduling to ensure all required work is carried out in a timely, controlled and safe manner
• Ensure Client work orders are completed in a timely manner and liaison with contract support team to ensure timely close out on within the REALM system
• Assisting with the preparation of client required extra works quotations
• Development and training of subordinates including appraisal interviews and coaching where appropriate or identified as required
• Responsibility for ensuring company issued uniforms and safety equipment is worn by all shift teams, and that visiting technicians have proper safety equipment to allow safe working on site
• Responsibility for timekeeping, control of breaks, timesheet administration and arranging shift /holiday cover as required
• Responsible for all disciplinary matters arising from actions of subordinates, with assistance from site management
• Liaise with site and client management during any emergency operations or procedures
• Be part of site out of hours emergency support contact team
• Impart knowledge and safety training to all members of staff as required
• A good general education is required with recognised technical qualification
• Manual Handling Training would be an advantage
• Several years’ experience of senior technical roles C&G I and II, 18th Edition, HV authorised 11 KV
• Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance activities
• Good verbal communication skills; numerate & literate
• Show diligence in safe working both for themselves and occupants of the premises
• Self-motivated, with a high level of personal integrity
• Able to work well both in a team and alone
• Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high-pressure environments
• Courteous and presentable as the role is both front and back of house, with exposure to the client at all levels
• A reasonable level of physical fitness will be required as the job entails manual handling both within and between buildings
• Exhibit always an awareness of safety procedures and practices
• Incumbents must be flexible regarding working hours
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.