CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Leader to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering high calibre essential maintenance services within a designated section of the account’s portfolio ensuring a speedy response to fault/breakdown requests and efficiently undertaking routine and scheduled maintenance of plant and/or equipment being pre-requisite and of paramount importance.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the portfolio buildings their layouts, functions and complexities through developed practices through scenario drills, continuous assessments, staff training and personal development. Assisting the Engineering Management Team in the development of site-specific SOP’s and EOP’s
• Assist in the undertaking of Technical Competence Assessments for the Engineering Teams in conjunction with the Engineering Managers recommendations
• Undertake line management role for 4 x Shift Technicians in terms of team leadership, technical authority, experience/training deficiencies, appraisals, performance and discipline
• Supervision and distribution of tasks to Day Shift Reactive teams dealing with client representative helpdesk calls; liaise with client representatives in respect of corrective repair works
• Ensure Shift personnel and sub-contract staff undertake works in accordance with QHSE safe working practices, quality standards conformity and best practice methods
• Prepare and take responsibility for permit to work forms as required
• Ensure that all contractor monitoring, and inductions documents are completed prior and during planned work activities on site
• Carry out isolation of critical plant and systems in accordance with safety requirements; conduct quality checks on completed works
• Manage filing of QHSE documentation in the relevant Logbooks and Online Portals; report hazards and health and safety items via QHSE online tools
• Act as Technical Authority / Lead for Shift Technicians; advise Engineering Manager of all plant / equipment failures affecting Client operations and manage associated defects log
• Supporting and projecting ideas/initiatives that may contribute to the service delivery aspect of the contract and service levels
• Monitor BMS for running and alarm conditions
• Co-ordinate staff in response to emergencies outside normal daytime operations; a requirement to participate in emergency call out roster providing cover at weekends and during team member absences is expected
• Maintain records of maintenance activities as required in respect of directly employed staff and sub-contractors
• Carry out routine/essential planned preventative maintenance tasks as required across HV and LV distribution systems, associated plant/equipment, and HVAC mechanical cooling/heating systems as determined by the CMMS system’s work orders, in a safe, efficient and effective manner
• Investigate faults, identify root causes of faults and prepare accurate/timely reports on plant and equipment failures
• Supporting the planning/scheduling team with updates, additional technical information and job closures around reactive and PPM maintenance tasks
• Assist when and where required with installation works
• Ensure all utilisation capacity and energy figures are accurately recorded and reported on a regular basis aligned with Client requirements
• Undertake other tasks, as required by the Engineering Manager
• City & Guilds Electrical discipline competency Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent; 18th Edition IEE Regulations; HV Switching Qualification / Experience
• Comprehensive building services knowledge in similar environments to a minimum of HVAC standards
• Critical Environment Experience
• Good Customer relationship skills
• Good communicator
• Working knowledge of “Permit to work” systems
• Understand and interpret technical drawings/processes
• Willingness to support other sites
• Ability to work under pressure
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.