Shift Lead Engineer, Data Center Solutions - East, Changi (12hrs Rotating Shifts)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 18-Mar-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
CBRE Data Center Solutions (DCS) is the leading provider of full-spectrum life cycle services to data center owners, occupiers, and investors, including consulting services, advisory and transaction services, project management, and integrated data center operations.
- Supervision of the operation, maintenance and repair of all Critical Environment (CE) systems while maintaining 100% uptime to all critical power systems
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance and CE activities within the Data Centres.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain. Review subcontractor method statements, risk assessments, and MSDS to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures
- Fully conversant with the Emergency Response Plan, CE EOPs, and act as the FOC liaison with the SOC during site emergencies
- Ensure that the FOC is monitored and manned at all times and that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner
- Complete scheduled PMs and ensure all other CE Technicians carry out their scheduled PMs in a timely manner
- Update and log all activities and time on CMMS
- Issue a daily Shift Handover report via email detailing activities and issues that have taken place and that require escalation
- Attend and minute the CE weekly planning meeting. Circulate minutes to the CE Team on the same day
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, Aps and EOP Drills
- Carry out annual appraisals for all your team as tasked by management.
- Carry out Toolbox talks once every shift rotation
- Complete a minimum of 1 drill per month with at least one drill involving the CE Day team and/or Security team
- Ensure that the FOC, library, and FAC Workshop are clean and tidy at all times
- Adhere to and drive your shift team to achieve acceptable scores on the team KPI scorecard
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting(AIR) process
- Technical Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience, preferably in critical environment
- Hold a Microsoft CET3 certification or achieve it within 3 months of assuming the role, or have suitable comparable critical environment certification and/or experience.
- An excellent understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experienced in complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Experienced in medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on the data centre systems.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc). Good working ability on Microsoft Office Products.
- Able to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programmes aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term.
- Able to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.