CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering/maintaining day to day PPM tasks, reactive and sub-contractor maintenance.
• Support the shift team provision of service
• Day to Day involvement with Building Management System
• Undertake and maintain day to day PPM records
• Undertake general housekeeping duties
• Instil best working practices
• Maintain compliance to all H & S policies in all areas
• Support colleagues, ensuring their motivation and commitment to the client, contract and company
• Take a proactive approach to resolve all day to day problems
• Monitor and review permits and working practices on all maintenance activities
• Review and fully understand all emergency procedures
• Multi skilled engineer with a knowledge of HVAC, Building services (water, gas, heating, ventilation and waste)
• Having flexible attitude with a “can do” approach and who is prepared to work outside their skill base to provide a customer base service
• Be prepared to undertake training as required by the post and the contract manager
• Having administration skills to maintain computer based and hardcopy systems for statutory inspection and test
• Able to react and work on their own initiative on an on-call system
• Prepared to work on multiple sites as required
• Operate all systems within the building in a competent, effective and efficient manner, adhering to CWES guideline and bulletins
• Ensure that service providers work sheets are signed off, quality of works are inspected, and any recommendations are escalated
• Responsible for critical equipment shown in Appendix A
• Responsible for escalation of all incidents (CFIR) as referred to in the CWES handbook ensuring the approved escalation procedure is adhered to
• Planning including prioritization of tasks from PPM’s and help desk requests
• Reacting to break downs and change in priorities
• Sourcing and vetting quotations
• Vetting safe system paperwork and issuing Permits and Authority to work as appropriate
• Work issuing
• Progress control and quality control
• Safe system and work control system closeout
• Proven experience as a day engineer in building services within prestigious environment
• City and guild qualification and any relevant qualification in all aspects of building services and mechanical engineering.
• Must have team working experience and excels at motivation of small teams under substantial pressure. Must have ability to think clearly in extreme circumstances
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.