CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Shift Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering / maintaining day to day PPM tasks, reactive and sub-contractor maintenance.
• Support the shift team provision of service
• Day to Day involvement with Building Management System
• Undertake and maintain day to day PPM records
• Undertake general housekeeping duties
• Instil best working practices
• Maintain compliance to all H & S policies in all areas
• Support colleagues, ensuring their motivation and commitment to the client, contract and company
• Take a proactive approach to resolve all day to day problems
• Monitor and review permits and working practices on all maintenance activities
• Review and fully understand all emergency procedures
• Multi skilled engineer with a knowledge of HVAC, Building services (water, gas, heating, ventilation and waste)
• Having flexible attitude with a “can do” approach and who is prepared to work outside their skill base to provide a customer base service
• Be prepared to undertake training as required by the post and the contract manager
• Having administration skills to maintain computer based and hardcopy systems for statutory inspection and test
• Be able to react and work on their own initiative on an on-call system
• Be prepared to work on multiple sites as required
• Operate all systems within the building in a competent, effective and efficient manner, adhering to CWES guideline and bulletins
• Ensure that service providers work sheets are signed off, quality of works are inspected, and any recommendations are escalated
• Responsible for escalation of all incidents (CFIR) as referred to in the CWES handbook ensuring the approved escalation procedure is adhered to
• Candidates will be time serviced and have as a minimum, and academic qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• Applicants are expected to have several years prior experience some of which will have been in a similar role and have good customer skills
• It is essential staff are self-motivated and promote a “Can do” customer attitude at all times
• Planning including prioritization of tasks from PPM’s and help desk requests; reacting to break downs and change in priorities
• Sourcing and vetting quotations; vetting safe system paperwork and issuing Permits and Authority to work as appropriate; work issuing
• Progress control and quality control
• Safe system and work control system closeout
• Proven experience as a day engineer in building services within prestigious environment
• City and guild qualification and any relevant qualification in all aspects of building services and mechanical engineering
• Must have team working experience and excels at motivation of small teams under substantial pressure with ability to think clearly in extreme circumstance
• Able to work on their own initiative
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.