We are looking for a Senior Reporting Analyst to join our Fortune 500 organisation within the Talent Acquisition team. We’re launching a new world-class technology platform and are seeking a reporting analyst to help drive global reporting consistency through this new tool. The ideal candidate is highly motivated to constantly learn and solve problems, and will help our team provide actionable insights and data-driven recommendations for our business. We are seeking a proactive and customer service-oriented individual with excellent communication skills; this person works well with both systems and people in a fast-paced environment. If you can contribute the right combination of analysis and optimistic problem solving, we are looking for you to join this incredible team!
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Aggregate data from multiple sources, conduct analysis, and create dashboards and reports.
- Build reports, expressions and dashboards within our recruitment platform (Avature), and have strong experience in databases / SQL / MySQL
- Derive insights from data analysis and be able to communicate the story in PowerPoint
- Build PowerBI dashboards as needed and maintain existing data sources connected to dashboards
- Test and validate data and dashboards.
- Own reporting and data gathering for key reporting initiatives
- Create PowerPoint slides / executive summaries as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Refresh and republish existing dashboards monthly.
- Build and prototype new dashboards.
- Use Power BI for troubleshooting to look for missing or problematic data.
- Help update and organize user access/permissions.
Alteryx (Nice to have)
- Refresh existing dashboards monthly.
- Data preparation for analysis.
- Refresh existing dashboards and lookup tables monthly.
- Data preparation for analysis.
- Restructure/Reformat raw data to feed Alteryx/PowerBI.
- Data analysis & advanced macros
- Create executive summaries / analyse data and translate into insights
- Validate data and do general QA and testing on the dashboards.
- Research for clients, geocoding data for new locations, etc.
- Analyze reports and dashboards to look for trends/patterns/insight and provide summaries/screenshots.
The ideal candidate should be reliable, have great attention to detail, and meet these qualifications:
- Must possess min Diploma or Degree in relevant field
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Power BI
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Alteryx
- Experience with SQL / MySQL
- Ability to navigate large data sets and analyze data, to identify patterns and uncover actionable insights/trends.
- Ability to translate questions and business requirements into technical requirements, reports, views, and BI query objects in order to develop BI dashboards, reports, and scorecards.
- Ability to translate data insights into executive summaries and be able to tell a story using data
- Effective, timely, and reliable written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and with others under pressure / tight deadlines.
- Strong focus on the big picture of the business and our greater team goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain complex system and accounting issues to non-technical users.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to follow instructions and pay attention to details.
- Friendly and approachable, positive and open minded.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and helping others.
- Team player with strong work ethic and a focus on constant improvement.