CBRE’s Rating team has enjoyed tremendous success delivering profitable growth and creating opportunities for individuals to progress their careers.
They are now in a position to further accelerate the growth of their business across the UK through the London and regional offices. To succeed, they need to recruit an ambitious, talented individual.
CBRE are looking for a Surveyor/ Senior Surveyor to join our market leading Rating team in Birmingham to provide rating advice to a broad range of blue-chip clients including Landlords, Occupiers, Investors, and Developers. You will be tasked with working with and supporting an established team, building on existing market success; you will have the tenacity and ability to learn new skills and develop new business and provide support to Directors on high profile and complex cases.
• To work with prestigious occupational clients including HSBC, Lloyds Bank, PWC, Sainsburys, Center Parcs, Hewlett Packard, Boeing and British Airways.
• To provide bespoke rates appeal and mitigation advice to major investor clients including M&G Real Estate, CBRE Global Investors, Kennedy Wilson, Lendlease, NFU Mutual and Aviva.
• To assist with and provide rating advice to developer and landlord clients through all stages of the development cycle including RV Checks, Challenges and Appeals, Completion Notices and mitigation strategies.
• To manage and develop your own client base, developing excellent business relationships with new and existing clients with a view to taking on more responsibility with increased experience delivering long term career growth opportunities.
• To integrate fully in the wider CBRE network and to develop relationships with key CBRE service lines including Agency, Investment, Property Management and Development to promote the team and leverage opportunities.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Commercially astute with an entrepreneurial attitude to business and client development.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a wider team and co-ordinate tasks efficiently to ensure deadlines are met.
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
• Confident and assertive where required.
• Sociable and outgoing.
• Team player who works effectively with colleagues and clients.
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, MS Outlook) and familiarity with Rating software Riverlake and Analyse beneficial.
• Preferably MRICS qualified with previous Rating experience.
• Experience in providing rating advice and negotiating appeals.
• Detailed knowledge of rating legislation and case law.
• Good general surveying and inspection skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.