Job Title: Senior Surveyor
Role Purpose: To play a key part within the residential valuation and advisory team, and in giving market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, and more.
The Residential Valuation and Advisory team is a dynamic group that provides market leading advice to institutions, fund managers, developers, property companies, international banks and PLCs. Reporting into a Director, the role will be to assist a proactive, specialist team in providing valuations for loan security, investment and strategic advice to a broad range of clients. The individual will be involved in valuing assets across the residential sphere but with a primary focus on the Build to Rent (PRS) sector.
We have nationwide coverage, with particular expertise in London and the South East. We provide valuations covering all residential assets including Build to Rent (PRS) opportunities, developments, strategic land, ground rent investments and high value single homes within Prime Central London. Our valuations are fully supported by a dedicated wider Residential team that offers a multi-disciplinary approach from sales and marketing, capital markets (Build to Rent (PRS)), land agency, planning, and market leading research.
We are the clear market leader in the burgeoning Build to Rent (PRS) sector. Clients include L&G, M&G, Grainger/APG, Invesco, Aberdeen, LaSalle, Fizzy Living and Delancey amongst others. We provide the full spectrum of services in this sector from regular valuations to adhoc acquisition advisory. High profile recent instructions include the bi-annual valuation of the largest solus Build to Rent (PRS) investment in the UK, East Village, and acquisition valuation advice in respect of M&G’s acquisition of Carmen Street in East London.
Our team is at the forefront of valuing large, complex and high value residential development projects. Our work regularly spans the full development life-cycle from the valuation of land for acquisition and lending, through the development process with valuations for refinancing and company accounts and to completion with work for investment funds. We are regularly engaged on high profile, landmark development projects that frequently need the input of cross-service line project teams. Working within our team offers the opportunity to gain true insight in to the acquisition, development and financing of market leading development projects.
- Close liaison with clients ensuring high quality advice is consistently delivered.
- Provision of valuation and advisory services for a broad range of asset types with a particular focus on Build to Rent (PRS).
- Preparation of valuation reports for a broad range of purposes including acquisition, accounts, loan security and strategic advice.
- Working closely with senior team members on high profile instructions.
- Preparation of models using Excel and Argus developer.
- To integrate with the wider CBRE residential network and other business lines such as Capital Markets and Funding, Development Agency, Planning and Building Consultancy.
- To support an expanding team in its business development objectives and continued growth in revenue.
- MRICS qualified or equivalent. Registered Valuer preferable.
- Experience in Commercial or Development Valuation preferable
- 1 – 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, enabling the development of good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Highly numerate with the ability to grasp complex investment scenarios.
- Organised, focused and high attention to detail.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Passionate about the residential sector.
- Residential investment experience preferable but not essential.
- Role could suit a numerate surveyor looking to move from a commercial property background.
- Valid UK driving licence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 100,000 employees worldwide, with in excess of 3,000 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.