CBRE are looking for an exceptional Senior Surveyor / Associate Director to join the Property Management team, working on one of our largest key client accounts. Based in Birmingham you will be responsible for managing various classes of property throughout the Midlands for Property Management's largest client. This includes high profile City Centre offices, industrial units in and out of town and high street retail assets.
People are what make our service special and we therefore invest considerable time in development and training. With access to CBRE’s International platform and Global Best Practices you will have the opportunity learn from some of the best property managers in the world.
The purpose of the role is to be a part of CBRE’s Property Management team in a client focused role ensuring accurate and timely delivery of service and achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
• Manage the transition of properties in and out of CBRE management
• Responsible for compliance relating to sites under their control, taking action or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance
• Carry out property inspections and prepare report for distribution to the Client, ensuring client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to in accordance with agreed timescales.
• Responsible for provision of accurate insurance data to the client’s chosen broker.
• Responsible for ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants
• Responsible for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property
• Responsible for preparing data for client meetings, attending these meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
• Responsible for the preparation of Asset Plans for every managed property and ensuring the details within these plans are accurate and delivered to the client within the required timescales.
• Reading of leases and ensure accurate data is maintained on the property management system
• Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time
• Ensure credit control targets are met
• Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager as required
• Ensure all fee invoices are raised in accordance with contracts and paid promptly
• Review and approve service charge budgets
• Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly
• Approve service charge reconciliations
• Prepare monthly forecasts for non-recoverable expenditure.
• Identify and progress opportunities for cross selling activities
• Responsible for arranging and chairing tenant meetings.
• Ensure recording of minutes for tenant meetings and carrying out of actions arising
• Take appropriate action for all forthcoming diary events
• Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and put proposals to line manager
• Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations within the required timescales.
• Be fully conversant with, and adhere to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company’s FSA Insurance Business Compliance Manual
• Responsible for managing junior members of the team and for ensuring the delivery of an efficient Property Management Service to both Clients and Tenants as part of the wider Team.
• Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
• Use knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to the client
• Able to build and maintain client, tenant and customer relationships
• Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease
• Be able to recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross selling
• Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process to be followed
• Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements
• Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods
• Understand and apply all CBRE procedures relating to work activities
• Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
• Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan
• Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others
• Build and maintain relationships with other parts of the wider CBRE team
• Excellent presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.