CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Senior Shift Engineer to join the team located in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the operational delivery of the Client site’s maintenance teams day to day PPM, reactive and sub-contractor maintenance.
• Day to Day involvement with Building Management System
• Supervising and manage day to day staff requirements, maintaining minimal staff operating levels
• Undertake and maintain day to day PPM records
• Undertake general housekeeping duties within Critical Comms Rooms and plant rooms
• To instil best working practices
• To supervise / maintain energy saving efficiencies
• Maintain compliance to all H & S policies in all areas, including but not limited to Toolbox Talks, Hazard Reports
• Carry out appraisals on all direct reports
• To have AP Electrical authorisation; administer and monitor the Permit to Work system for all staff and contractors
• To review and fully understand all emergency procedures
• To support colleagues, ensuring their motivation and commitment to the client, contract and company
• Supervise and maintain all consumable stock levels
• Take a proactive approach to resolve all day to day problems
• Having flexible attitude with a “can do” approach and who is prepared to work outside their working time to resolve Critical Incidents / Faults
• Monitor and review permits and working practices on all maintenance activities; review and fully understand all emergency procedures
• Attend and manage any critical or major plant failures
• Interface with clients at all levels; integrate fully with all different CBRE departments to ensure seamless delivery of services and understand/demonstrate the CBRE behaviours
• Candidates will be time served and have as a minimum, an ONC/BTEC or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
• Well organised with prioritisation and planning skills
• Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
• Planning including prioritization of tasks from PPM’s and help desk requests
• Reacting to break downs and change in priorities
• Safe system and work control system closeout
• Knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry
• Must possess an intermediate level of MS word and Excel to produce CEWA’s and ad-hoc reports/documents
• Applicants are expected to have several years prior experience some of which will have been in a similar role and have good customer skills
• Must have team working experience and excels at motivation of small teams under substantial pressure
• Reliable and conscientious with ability to think clearly in extreme circumstance
• Able to work on their own initiative, adapt to developments in CBRE, statutory and client requirements
• Well-presented and approachable manner
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete lifecycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost. As a one-stop solutions provider with a broad array of long-term customers and customized services, Global Workplace Solutions has delivered US$3 billion in savings to customers over the past ten years.
CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (in terms of 2014 revenue). The Company has more than 70,000 employees and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 400 offices worldwide.
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
No agencies please.
Please note: The job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.