Senior Quantity Surveyor
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 13-Oct-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to provide commercial and contracts administration support and services to the Project Management team for Principal Contracting.
- Understand and collate project & technical information. Ensure missing or ambiguous information is being reviewed and resolved to ensure tender completeness.
- Prepare Procurement Strategy and Tender Events Schedule.
- Preparation of Project Execution Plan, contractual/commercial/financial matters.
- Prepare Pre-Qualification exercise; review, summarise and score Pre-Qualification returns; prepare Pre-Qualification Report.
- Prepare full tender documentation (such as front-end tender documents, tender forms, schedule of works/rates, bills of quantities, warranty format, specific project information, etc.) in line with in-house processes and procedures.
- Prepare tender invitation, tender clarifications and addendum.
- Following tender returns, prepare tender analysis (prior to tender interview) and final tender analysis (post-tender interview) on commercial submissions. Lead on review of all commercial, financial and contractual matters such as cost-levelling, understanding of financial statements (debt ratio), exclusions and assumptions, completeness of tender forms/submissions, etc.
- Prepare tender interview meetings, issuance of post-tender clarification together with the Project Manager.
- Prepare tender assessment and recommendation report together with Project Manager.
Contracts Administration –
- Manage Data Entry of project information into project management technology tools (KAHUA)
- Manage online procurement platform tool (Avetta) and expand supply chain of trade contractors and consultants
- Manage collation of documentation for project commitments (i.e. Agreements, Contracts, Work Authorizations, Purchase Orders, Change Orders – both upstream and downstream contracts).
- Manage and Monitor the update of all relevant project registers such as Contract Status, Project Claims, etc. ensuring current status clarity on contracting arrangement and payment applications for upstream and downstream contracts.
- Raise alert on non-compliant or outstanding matters such as contracting arrangements, payment matters and change orders/variation orders for upstream and downstream contract.
- Ensure audit compliance of commercial & contractual documentation in compliance with established governance.
- Assist in dispute resolution with the Project Manager.
Commercial Management –
- Process invoices and payment applications for projects in compliance with established governance. Prepare payment certificates.
- Ensure all payment applications (upstream and downstream) are within the contracted payment period and in line with the current and latest Building Industry Security of Payment Act.
- Change Management – Manage the tracking of changes to the design and/or construction work and assist in assessing entitlement against contract requirements, adjusting budget projections accordingly.
- Cost reporting and supporting financial information – Prepare and Manage regular cost reporting on changes, cost to complete, contingency, cashflow, etc. to client.
- Set up and maintain library of key trade schedule of rates for pricing and benchmarking
- Manage the project team in project closeout process including handover documentation.
- Preparation and closeout of upstream and downstream final account and financial reconciliation.
- Attendance of project meetings and in-house meetings when required.
- Ensure all project deliverables are stored correctly onto the designated project folders as per in-house process.
- Ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Application of contractual knowledge and interpretation of contracts
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge: Familiar with Standard Conditions of Contract including SIA, FIDIC, and REDAS.
- Measurement: Accuracy in measurement of detailed scope and preparation of Bills of Quantities, preferably with experience in Cost X software or equivalent for measurement
- Market Knowledge: Familiarity with local market knowledge of pricing trends for fit out works
- Excellent numeracy skills: Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word and the ability to use specialist commercial software.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving has the ability to confidently work through problems and find solutions
- Collaboration: displays the ability to work in a team. Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn: displays a willingness and enthusiasm to learn and be guided by Senior Managers and stays up to date with the latest industry information
Qualifications and Education:
To be considered for this role you will qualified with an undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a similar role. Strong English communication skills and excellent time management skills are required. Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Access is desirable.