Senior Project Manager/Project Manager ( Fit Out Project)
Petaling Jaya/Bandar Utama , Malaysia
Date published: 7-Feb-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
About us, at Project Management Team:
- Project Management provides on-time, on-budget project management solutions through various staffing models, supply chain optimisation and expertise by project and asset type—all customised to ensure success of your global real estate projects.our experienced personnel deliver a diverse range of projects across Malaysia’s extensive geography.Our team’s broad collective experience assists our clients in delivering Corporate, Industrial, Hospitality and Retail solutions through rigorous process and quality expectation.
- This ongoing, growing economy allows us to deliver for both Malaysian and International clients alike in industries such as insurance, finance, manufacturing, oil and gas.
We are looking for experienced Project Manager!
What to expects on the role:
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists; conducts simple request for proposals; completes bid analysis with management support. Recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates and minutes project meetings.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Be flexible to work around project timelines to suit project needs. This may at time involve working outside of normal office hours as required to successfully deliver the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
Important to know:
- Senior Project Manager with formal supervisory responsibilities
- Project Manager,No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
- Scope:Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to departmen
To be eligible for the role:
- Education:Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) or higher from a University in a relevant area of study. Minimum ten years (for an SPM) and 5 years (for a PM) of related experience and/or training
- Certificates: PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
- Communication:Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information
- Financial:Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Other skills:Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices a must
Location of work:
PJ/Bandar Utama: Selangor.