The purpose of the role is:
CBRE is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm and is a global leader in facilities management services. Across the globe, CBRE’s 38,900+ facilities management and 15,800+ engineering and technical professionals help enhance workplace environments and improve efficiencies by providing global consistency of service, combined with locally tailored, customizable solutions.
Advancements in digital and technology have the promise of enabling a substantially enhanced services capability for CBRE and our strong product foundation coupled with investments in technology put us in a position to lead this industry change.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to help set the vision and drive execution towards the target state for a flagship global product. As Senior Product Manager, the successful candidate will own the product end-to-end and be responsible for all elements of the design, management and delivery of the platform. This is a highly visible and critical role that will drive execution for one of most import offerings. We are looking for a leader who excels within a high-growth, metrics-driven, customer-focused organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead, own and drive-forward a key digital product for a global CBRE business
• Define near-term product priorities, own the product roadmap, and lead product direction
• Manage the annual financial budget(s) for the product ($1m+) and direct all capital spend
• Institutionalize a customer focused, outcomes-based philosophy to inform product vision and priorities.
• Lead others, develop a product-cantered capability within product engineering
• Define product marketing and commercial strategies to support high-growth user adoption
• Institutionalize appropriate product communications for both internal stakeholders and client.
• Develop a vision for the product for future, assess the baseline and outline a roadmap to achieve the desired target state.
• Track technology/ business trends, venture investments and competitive offering to inform product vision.
• Translate consumer/business/technology trends and operational needs into digital solutions that scale, create exceptional customer experiences and result in long-term customer loyalty; explore new monetization opportunities in this space.
• Develop and manage partnerships and vendors necessary to enable and deliver the vision.
• Report product roadmap and delivery status to stakeholder groups and governance teams
• Central point of contact for the product across the organization working across multiple stakeholder groups, managing internal/external customer relationships and driving deliverables.
• Jointly own, with the marketing organization, all customer research including surveys, interviews and usability testing, and all external product positioning and marketing.
• Ensure product releases are extensively tested, validated and signed-off and meet the corporate and cyber-security standards
• Ensure user-adoption, UI/UX assessments and NPS evaluations are conducted regularly
• Own and manage the product release plans and ensure alignment with sprint plans
Essential - University Graduate with a relevant degree within a computational, business or science discipline.
• Ability to define effective product roadmaps from complex business requirements
• Ability to manage large project budgets and direct project spend
• Lead agile product delivery teams to deliver maximum customer value
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Ability to define effective product features which meet the strategic needs of the organisation
• A passionate and driven technologist with a strong technical background
• A clear forward thinker, technology leader and product evangelist
• Exceptional problem solver and commercially focused
• A logical, methodical thinker with an exceptional attention for detail
• Driven, self-motivated and focused on delivery
• Ability to lead and direct others
• Natural planner with strong organisational capabilities
• Ability to work at all levels within an organisation and able to quickly forge effective business
• Work well in high pressure situations.
• 10+ years of consumer product and/or tech experience, including significant web and mobile experience.
• 6+ years owning product strategy and driving execution for a business line.
• Avid practitioner of modern product development (e.g. design thinking, A/B testing) and agile software development
• Strong oral and writing communication skills
• A proven track record for inspiring, attracting, developing, and retaining high calibre product teams.
• A strategic thinker with strong tactical acumen, gets stuff done without fanfare.
• Ability to speak to all stakeholders and handle delicate situations with maturity.
• Understands and signs up for success metrics—and sees them as a key driver of motivation for a team.
• Must be able to travel domestically and globally (10% or more time commitment)?
• Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle covering both agile and waterfall methodologies
• Exceptional working knowledge of software development practices
• Experienced delivering products across multiple devices and channels
• Highly proficient in all MS Office products
• Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills