Senior People Business Partner (12 month FTC), London - Data Centre Solutions
As key member of the Regional Leadership team this role will be expected to actively partner with the regional MD and their leadership team, providing advice and delivering value-add interventions in all areas of HR.
Designing and delivering a people agenda/strategy that is fit for purpose in order to achieve the Regional Business Plan, Company objectives and the protection of the CBRE brand, ensuring that the CBRE culture and behaviours are continually reinforced and developed and that line managers are fully equipped and up-skilled to meet the HR aspects of their role.
• Design and take full ownership of a Divisional Resourcing Plan to acquire the skills and behaviours needed to ensure the division has exceptional staff delivering an exceptional service.
• Design and deliver a talent and succession plan for the Division ensuring there is an identifiable talent pool in place and these employees are fully enabled to fulfil roles across the Division and the wider business.
• Work with Training & Development to ensure that all Divisional employees have access to programmes that build on their current skills, allowing them to fulfil their roles to the best of their ability and to develop in readiness for future roles.
• Lead initiatives to improve competence and capability of talent across the organisation, constantly driving up bench strength across the Division.
• Own the induction process of new employees through regular engagement and tracking so that the Divisional attrition rates are achieved.
• Be actively involved in developing current and future business opportunities and ensure that the Division has the skill sets to support growth.
• Work with the MD and Leadership team to coach, challenge, influence and driver of key Divisional decisions.
• Identify and report on the needs of the business considering business growth, attrition and risk.
• Translate strategy into actionable programmes, operations or activities.
• Demonstrate positive engagement through HR metrics and develop plans to improve these.
• Provide support and expertise to the leadership team to deliver effective organisational change.
Customer Service Delivery
• Develop and deliver initiatives that drive customer service, measured through the achievement of service and retention targets.
• In conjunction with the MD work with customers to monitor people and service delivery and put in place initiatives that tangibly deliver constant improvements in quality service delivery.
Culture & Behaviours
• Own the delivery of initiatives that constantly reinforces CBRE’s culture and behaviours such as; Journey to Dark Green - exceptional journey, induction programmes, exceptional awards and communication boards.
• Work with customers to make sure that their culture and CBRE’s culture are constantly demonstrated by on-site staff to deliver exceptional service.
• Lead on communication, improvement programmes to be made and strengths to build on from the outputs of employee engagement activities.
• Design and implement a Divisional HR Plan that underpins the Business Strategy inline with regional MD
• Take ownership of complex ER cases, trade union discussions and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk to the Division.
• Ensure that managers have the tools and access to advice needed to effectively manage the performance of their employees.
• Identify and mitigate major risks.
• Be visible in order for managers to have easy access to assist with employee challenges or concerns.
• Act as the employment legal expert and provide timely advice on matters, following-up with managers to make sure their intervention has been successful and to offer any further assistance needed.
• Act as a mediation or escalation point in disputes or formal proceedings.
• Create a culture of excellence and best practice which is clearly visible through the outputs of the team.
• Lead and develop an exceptional HR Team and have the right resources in place to provide a high level of service on a daily basis in transactional HR and monitor service delivery to implement improvements.
• Translate business and HR MI trends to facilitate sound business decisions.
• Work with the MD and business leaders so that they make decisions that demonstrate a consistent pay and reward platform within DCS.
• Work with the Managing Director to ensure the Division has a fair and equitable pay and reward process.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership qualities
• Attention to detail, along with good organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Confident at working with all levels within the business
• Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail
• Proficient at negotiating and managing conflict
• Proven client service focus, with an ability to resolve issues quickly, with a sense of urgency
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Flexible in adapting to constantly changing priorities
• Confident at working independently, with an ability to self-start
• Demonstrated change agent ability
• Confident and assertive where required
• Background in Real Estate, outsourcing or facilities management preferred
• European/EMEA experience - essential
• Robust generalist HR experience
• Strong communication with ability to command authority at all levels
• Commercially astute, pragmatic and solution oriented
• Ability to work independently but also a team player
• Outsourcing/M&A and TUPE/ARD - essential
• Experience of working with multinational blue chip companies.
• Direct experience of working with clients across multiple industries.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Mature individual with deep understanding of business.
• English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication. A second language would be beneficial.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to successful candidates