Senior Manager / Associate Director, Transaction Management (Oil & Gas)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 23-Jan-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- A senior role acting as the client’s Single Point of Contact and managing all TM and EM activities across their APAC portfolio in accordance with the CBRE/Client Master Services Agreement (MSA).
- Responsible for developing and refining the overall end to end delivery of CBRE EM/TM model across the regional portfolio.
- Have a good understanding of the client’s business and company objectives and help translate those into specific goals for the TM/EM team. Work closely with the client in internal stakeholder management and provide support in meeting internal reporting requirements.
- Have a view on the overall portfolio and be able to deep dive and find opportunities for optimization at a country/ business level. Be able to present proposed strategies through business cases for stakeholder approval and take a leadership role in implementing such strategies through CBRE and/or other client partners.
- Interact with the Client’s divisions for legal / environmental / budgetary and other necessary internal approvals for acquisitions / dispositions / rent reviews / expropriations / lease renewals and other site-specific transactions / services.
- Be the lead relationship manager both with the Client Real Estate lead and respective country and functional managers
- Overall responsibility for annual program for all TM (acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals, rent-reviews, etc) and EM (e.g. database management, stakeholder management and compliance management) activities in accordance with the MSA / annual KPI requirements in line with client’s/established processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that the team adheres to the client’s quality processes and compliance protocols and implement agreed related corrective actions, where required.
- Drive consistency and process improvements to achieve added value and efficiency across the region.
- Drive the spirit of collaboration within CBRE and also between CBRE and/or other client partners and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Budgetary responsibility - for (a) the client’s portfolio including management of reimbursed staff financials with the client and CBRE partners (e.g. HR / Finance / In-country team leads); and (b) annual CBRE revenue and costs related to the account.
- Act as a direct escalation point for all country TM team leads and drive staff deployment, performances, and development.
- Establish / maintain a feedback and performance review mechanism with the client (monthly/ quarterly, etc) and disseminate such feedback to the team to improve service delivery.
- Establish and deepen the client relationship through engagement and the introduction of wider CBRE services and products where appropriate.
To be SUCCESSFUL in this role, you’ll need to possess the following:
- Have strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to prioritize, delegate effectively, multi-task and good humor to remain calm under pressure.
- Be driven to meet established operational and financial performance targets with commercial acumen to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Ability to take critical feedback and convert it into constructive feedback for self and the team and the ability to continuously develop yourself, individuals and team personnel resources.
- Strong financial and analytical bent of mind to be able to review/ perform financial analysis (e.g. P&L, cashflows of the account and transactions) and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to review real estate contracts, complex business documents and prepare business cases/ approval notes for client leadership approval as well as experience in conducting analysis/due diligence in terms of contract negotiation.
- Have a collaborative approach with the account team, client and wider CBRE organization to achieve outstanding client outcomes.
- Have strong Communication (verbal & written) and Negotiation skills, be diplomatic but assertive and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Be sensitive to cross-cultural exposures and environments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- 10 years commercial real estate experience in TM/EM working for Multi-National Clients.
- Regional (APAC) exposure to commercial real estate will be an advantage.
- Leadership responsibility for the performance of a team would be an advantage.