Senior Interior Designer (Office Design)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 3-Feb-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
An opportunity to join CBRE Design, a global team of talented architecture and interior design professionals operating within the largest commercial real estate services company in the world.
The Senior Interior Designer (Office Design) will work with the APAC Regional Design Director on design projects for the Design Hub and support the growth of our interior design capability in Singapore, and across the region. The Design Hub forms part of a larger growth strategy to create a regional design capability extending across Asia Pacific, that will compliment and align with the existing global design network with over 300+ design professionals in the US, and EMEA. Regional design teams will work alongside our APAC project management division of 2000+ project and construction management professionals.
You will be responsible for all conventional aspects of creative and technical design of a project. Plans and conducts evaluation selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design techniques and procedures on a project. Builds client relationship and supports the Regional Design Director in identifying new opportunities.
- Work with the Regional Design Director to help grow the interior design business as an enabler for growth in our design capability across APAC.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners in workplace, project management, and advisory and transaction teams (commercial office leasing).
- Assist with management of the design team with the aim of expanding scope and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing project activities, workflow, and other day to day activities, to ensure goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget, and other performance targets.
- Day to day responsibility for developing design concepts, based on the programming requirements and budget parameters and coordinating project documentation.
- Coordinates activities of team engaged in preparing construction and furniture drawings and specifications.
- Responsible for manpower budgets, project cost controls and interpreting contracted scope of work.
- Implements established design schedule ensuring milestone reviews.
- Responsible for code research, including obtaining necessary variance approvals.
- Provides project administration and QA/QC process.
- Works with Regional Design Director in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Assist and support the design team in areas of staffing, mentoring, etc.
- Establish strategy, goals and objectives for design projects.
- Assemble presentations and "leave behinds" when pursuing new projects.
- Perform other related duties as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Interior Design / Architecture from reputable and accredited curriculum or board;
- 8+ years in design industry with relevant experience;
- Team leadership, coordination, mentoring, and motivation experience;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for design technology, including immersive tech and visualisation;
- Substantial knowledge and experience working in the Singapore market (preferably including South East Asia);
- Substantial experience with workplace interiors;
- Experience with FF&E;
- Creative skills, technical skills, design visioning;
- Expertise in all conventional aspects of technical design/architectural principles;
- Design and build project experience;
- Experience with Revit, Photoshop, AutoCAD, Sketch-UP and Adobe Suite;
- LEED or equivalent certification (preferable).
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you then we want to hear from you. Please attach your CV to your application.