Senior Financial Analyst
Petaling Jaya , Malaysia
Date published: 22-Jun-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Working under moderate supervision, conducts and documents moderate to complex financial analysis, financial reporting and ad hoc finance projects. Aids organization with financial functions, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project control. Leads special projects and other assigned initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc. requiring advanced expertise.
- Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments to prepare revenue balance statements and historical comparisons of departmental expenditures with requested appropriations.
- Completes complex analysis of records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Conducts special studies as assigned to support senior management. Develops presentations of findings and results.
- Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Interprets budgets to management.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a business related field plus a minimum of four years related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information in written and verbal form to subordinates, customers and supervisors.
- Requires strong knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles and the ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning. Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Strong work ethic and adaptable.