To lead sustainable financial growth by taking ownership of the financial operations, controls and management information for the Contract.
Provide insight and influence to impact performance and maintain competitive advantage alongside financial and contract support leadership and direction in the Contract. Act as a point of liaison for Finance and Commercial issues for the Client and Contract team.
This will involve personal attitude, use of skills and dissemination of knowledge. Use specialist skills and experience to provide insight and influence in order to impact performance standards. Implement improvements, drive change, raise standards through the direct and indirect management of the team. Act as a business partner to the Alliance Director to both advise and challenge senior management on contract performance.
• Developing high quality and effective Client relationships especially across the account.
• Build good working relationship with account management and key client’s members and be a business partner for both.
• Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately accounted for.
• Assist with client team requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare accurate Contract reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts and annual plans.
• Support any GWS transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results.
• Provide best in class Management Information to both Client and GWS management to include Actuals v Budget.
• Liaising with the CBRE EMEA Finance and GWS EMEA Financial Planning & Analysis team to fulfill any ad-hoc information requests.
• Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Divisional Finance Director or Business Unit Director/Alliance Director.
• Provide ad-hoc support and financial analysis as required.
Contract and Finance Management
• Continually review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information.
• Drive high quality financial / commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in EMEA and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices.
• Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure Client and GWS financial savings targets are maximized.
• Review Client P&L results and challenge.
• Carry out regular Business Unit reviews and Project reviews
• Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
• Build and develop high level relationships with business and account leaders, central teams, global account teams, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
• Conduct monthly formal Contract reviews.
• Constantly improve quality, service and efficiency.
• Communicate regularly with contract financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and achievements.
• Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
• Support in any client related audits.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Contract.
• Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP are in line with GWS policy.
• Manage the integrity of data in Client reporting and GWS systems.
• Develop an understanding of how to best utilize GWS system-generated reporting capabilities.
• Continually develop systems to maximize efficiency benefits for client & GWS.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
• Have thorough knowledge of procedures and processes and lead the delivery of these to the required standard.
• Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
• Assist in delivering best in class GWS and Client management information including annual budgets (balance sheet and cash flow plans), monthly management accounts and forecasts including Profit and Loss variance and Balance Sheet commentaries.
• Ensure CBRE and statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary.
• Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, reviewed and maintained in ART.
• Driving and agreeing any financial policy requirements with the Divisional Financial Director or Alliance Director.
• Ensure Account is complying with any Global Account Standards.
• Recruit, induct, manage, target, motive and develop the team.
• Review and advise on resourcing gaps.
• Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
• Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team. Empower team members to take responsibility and accountability.
• Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team.
• Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.
Success in this role will be measured through defined targets as follows:
• Achievement of Contract annual financial plan
• Achievement of Client and Corporate Contract KPIs in line with business requirements
• No SOX or audit issues raised in relation to the Account.
- Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification (or equivalent)
- Higher educational qualifications to ‘A’ level or degree (or equivalent)
- Ability to combine strategic vision with hands-on, pragmatic delivery.
- IT Skills to achieve key tasks and give the business a sound reporting base.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with strong oral presentation skills
- Capable of working in a matrix environment
- Formal training in the use of Excel Word and presentation software packages
- Understands the requirements of operating in a cross border multiservice line environment
- Track record of achieving results through others.
- Proven commercial acumen and ability to contribute to decision-making.
- Management skills to maximise the performance of staff working directly for them and others
- Previous experience of a service industry role using operating systems such as Dynamics AX.
- Dealt with GMP, Cost plus and Fixed price commercial models
- Involved in acquisitions, including the integration of new businesses
- Ability to shape, lead and influence other senior managers
- Well developed, effective communication skills enabling the individual to work with Board Members, clients, suppliers, and staff at all levels and of all abilities